Old Dec 16, 1998, 9:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
New Year's Problems in Canada?

FROM CBC NEWSWORLD
Air traffic controllers eye strike
WebPosted Wed Dec 16 05:17:25 1998
TORONTO - Canada's air traffic controllers could be taking strike action as early as the new year as their union and management remain unable to agree on a new contract.

Fuzz Bhimiji, chief negiotator with the air traffic controllers association, said they're having trouble convincing Nav Canada to improve working conditions.

The company wants his members to work longer shifts, Bhimiji told CBC News.

If planned hearings fail to resolve issues, the controllers can legally go on strike.

Old Dec 16, 1998, 10:24 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Well, I plan on rethinking any travel plans through Canada if the head air traffic controller is named Fuzz...
Old Dec 16, 1998, 10:50 am
Commander Catcop

Interesting that after the airport workers at Toronto had and settled their job action, the air traffic controllers plan to strike at
New Year's.

I'm wondering if Air canada and Canadian and other airlines are making provisions (like warning their passengers!) This is the first I've heard of this.

NJDavid... If I were going through Canada on New Year's with this strike coming I would change my itinerary too!

And on an OMNI NOTE: I wonder if FUZZ is Related to BUZZ Sherwood, the pilot from "The Red Green Show?" (CBC production) CATMAN
Old Dec 16, 1998, 10:53 am
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
fuz not relatd to buz. arturo kno fuz an he knot buz. two cold en kaneda for arturo.
Old Dec 16, 1998, 11:49 pm
Original Member

It would be smarter to strike next year on New Years, as travel is not advised due to Y2K bug. Oh well....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.