Search

Pudding Guy's Story to be a movie?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2001, 10:50 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Pudding Guy's Story to be a movie?

I looked around but couldn't find a thread on this, though I bet there's one somewhere that I missed:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/2001...sandler_1.html

Adam Sandler's new movie will have him collecting pudding coupons for miles as one of the plot lines ...
Old Mar 19, 2001, 10:59 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I still have Pudding guy's original signature on that Pudding cup he gave us as a gift at the 'in honour of the contest winner comicwoman event' at dgold's home in SFO in september 2000'.

I will never sell that original on ebay ...
Old Mar 19, 2001, 11:09 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

It's a bit more than that. I was lucky enough to be called to Hollywood many months ago and 'take breakfast' with Paul Thomas Anderson, whom did Boogie Nights and Magnolia. He wanted me to give him education on frequent flyer programs for background for a new movie - a comedy - he was hoping to do. So I spent hours with that. It was fun. I told many stories that might be worked into it and introduced him to others, such as our very own Pudding Guy. Interestingly enough we worked in other things - such as Paul followed my 4 day run through Latin America on my LatinPass run and actually, our in-house travel agency has been doing all the travel arrangements for that end of things. We currently have quite a few film people from the movie booking their reservations through us to replicate my LatinPass run for some other parts of the movie. We'll see what comes out of it, but it's a montage of different things that have become popularized from the antics of FlyerTalkers.......

Yep, we've gone Hollywood...we being FlyerTalk, as you'll see other antics in the storyline directly from FlyerTalk which was used for additional research into the psyche of the frequent flyer. See, you never know who's lurking......

[This message has been edited by Randy Petersen (edited 03-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Randy Petersen (edited 03-19-2001).]
Old Mar 19, 2001, 11:23 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Good! I hope there will be a heavy emphasis on the changes that Latin Pass has made to Pudding Guy's miles since he earned them.
Old Mar 19, 2001, 11:28 am

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
wow...cool! Can we get an advance screening?
Old Mar 19, 2001, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Very cool!

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 03-19-2001).]
Old Mar 19, 2001, 1:00 pm

Here's a direct quote from my wife:

"I think that they ought to fly ALL the LatinPass Million Milers (and their spouses) to opening night and that LatinPass should sponsor it as a way of getting publicity for their program! ;-)"
Old Mar 19, 2001, 1:35 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Considering that it's now called 'NoPass' from some of us, guess I'll be waiting til the dollar movie version is released.

Good luck relying on LatinPass for this. Their way might be to advertise free popcorn - but raise the entrance fee to the movie because you can't have one without the other.
Old Mar 19, 2001, 2:07 pm

I think her tongue was firmly in cheek on this.

Off-Topic: Say what you will about LP, the promo has paid off nicely for me. So far I have transfered 100k miles to Marriott which I redeemed for 120k AA Miles plus 7 free Marriott nights, 60k miles to Hilton for 120k points, and 4 first class round trips nonstop BWI-SFO on USAIR.
Old Mar 19, 2001, 2:55 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Well, here it is almost 10 months since that trip, and I've yet to receive a single statement and accounting for any of my flights. All the others who traveled with me have gotten all their miles......strange huh? But, that's LatinNoPass.......
Old Mar 19, 2001, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Randy, I have to agree with dhacker.Yes,it took awhile till LP got it all done,but I stayed on them sending them all original receipts right after I got back.When some things still didnt post I called those people to get them on it.

Cant say I love the constant rule changes but so far,I got 1st class to LAX & TYS. Awaiting a !st to CUZ(this time Ill make it to Miachu Picchu)comfirmed for June. 45,000 to Hilton and 30000 to Marriott. So I at least got my monies worth.

Get your people to ride herd on them!
Old Mar 19, 2001, 3:55 pm
Suspended

sorry about the dup

[This message has been edited by craz (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old Mar 19, 2001, 4:35 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
For LP response to BBB complaint see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum30/HTML/000171.html
Old Mar 19, 2001, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Intercontinental Ambassador
Hello all .. first post. (And by the way, thanks to all for tips such as the Hilton 50K fast track and the Continental bonuses of late.)

Pudding Guy ... I trust you have been represented and compensated appropriately for the use of your life story ... Randy sounds pretty savvy about all this (breaking bread with Paul Thomas Anderson and all so hopefully you've gotten appropriate guidance.

ORDBoyInLAX
Old Mar 19, 2001, 9:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

From today's VARIETY (pretty much as stated in Beckle's YAHOO reference):Premise: This "sweet romantic comedy" is about the owner (Sandler) of a struggling phone-sex business who soon finds that three thugs are chasing him. Meanwhile, his sister sets him up on a blind date (with Emily Watson). Eventually, his hobby of collecting pudding coupons pays off, and he's able to win enough frequent flyer miles to take a trip to Hawaii, in a quest to find the mysterious girl... (source: Variety, 3/19/01)

And here's a web site on the movie: http://upcomingmovies.com/ptanderson2001.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.