Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta AMEX Offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2000, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Delta AMEX Offer

I tried to move this topic from SPAM to BUZZ but couldn't. Can you sign up for this card, get the 10K miles, transfer the miles to Delta then close out the card? Then-apply for another AMEX via Delta if they send you another application? (just thinking of angles)
Old Sep 4, 2000, 1:45 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
They thought of the angles too. You have to pay the $135 annual fee before you get the miles. This is through the statement "Please allow 6~8 weeks after your first purchase for the base miles and Skymiles to appear in your account". I believe activating and using the card once obligates you to pay the fee. You would also miss out on the companion ticket, which is only issued at each renewal. I look at it this way...15K miles is worth $225 even at 1.5cents a mile. The extras that sold me are 1. 5K is awarded as base miles, 2. I obtain a method to rack up additional miles at 1 mile/$ spent and 3. I start getting a free companion ticket in exchange for the $135 renewal fee, which isn't a bad deal as long as I can use it.
Old Sep 4, 2000, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
outoftown,
Correct me if I am wrong, but you are talking about the Delta Skymiles Platinum
card, for $135 per year, 15k miles, of which 5k count as base miles.

It sounds like tradewind is asking about the offer for the Delta Skymiles Gold
card.
With it, you can get 10k miles, with the first year free. After that I believe it is $85
per year. Should get the miles posted to Delta after the first purchase. Then cancel if
you want.
But if you reapply for the same card later, you may or may not get the bonus again.
They will have you on record as having got the bonus already and canceling. Then
again it may slip by them and you'll get it again. Some people have reported getting
the bonus more than once.

BTW ... You will not have to transfer the miles to Delta. AMEX sends them to your
Skymiles account every month.
Old Sep 4, 2000, 10:20 pm

The offer is 10K miles and the first year free for the gold card. I got it last year, I got the 10K bonus, used the card for more miles for a year and cancelled it at the end of the free year.

Jay
Old Sep 5, 2000, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the response on the delta amex card from all of you.
Old Sep 5, 2000, 5:39 pm

I just took an offer for the first year free plus 10,000 bonus miles for the gold DL Amex, but it also gives me another 7,500 bonus miles if I charge at least $7,500 to the card by march of 2001. I got a targeted mailing for this promo--not sure if others can get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.