Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Major carriers looking at HI inter-island market?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2001, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

A front page article in Sundays (12/30) Honolulu Advertiser said that in the event that the Aloha-Hawaiian merger goes through, that at least Continental and United are looking into the possibility of entering the Inter-Island market.

The president of the small Kahalui(Maui)based airline Pacific Wings, Greg Kahlstorf, says that he has been contacted by no fewer than 6 airlines who are interested in partnering with Pacific wings. He described the Airlines as four "national" and two "major regional" but declined to name names citing non-disclosure agreements with those airlines.

Old Dec 30, 2001, 2:31 pm

i think we'll see more flights that hop to say Oahu, and continue on to the big island, for instance. At least in one direction.

Oahu - LAX - hawaii - oahu - LAX...
Oahu - LAX - Maui - Oahu - LAX...

That'll leach away some of the interisland business.
Old Dec 30, 2001, 9:28 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Well seeing as CO is a major partner of HA, and UA is a major partner of AQ, it would be safe to say that one will without a chair to sit on when the music stops. But I can really see either one entering the high-frequency, low yield Hawaiian market.

But considering the current state of the industry, it must be very nice to be the chairman of Pacific Wings, knowing everyone wants to partner with you....
Old Dec 31, 2001, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cannot understand why the Justice Dept would permit consolidation of two carriers in a two carrier market. If it happens we can kiss ff miles goodbye and pay *MUCH* higher fares too.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.