Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting of Miles from partner Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 1999, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Crediting of Miles from partner Airlines

With all of the various ratings of the best frequent flyer programs, I am wondering if there has been any discussion/evaluation of how good a job these partnerships do in actually getting the miles credited to one's account. In the last year I have had problems with Air Canada posting miles to my United Mileage Plus account and with Singapore Airlines posting miles. These happen to be the only two times I have not used United so the record (from my experience) is not that good in that I had to make the effort both times to keep examing my account for six weeks, keeping the receipts, and mailing in the request. Not exactly the experience one expects as the airlines tout their valuable partnerships. Just wondering where the problems are and which alliances do better than others.
Old Sep 15, 1999, 4:10 pm
jet

Programs: UA MM; DL SPG HH Gold
Well, it's a little hit and miss for me. I've had to call to get miles posted to UA from AC and LH. But other times on the same airlines it's no problem, they automagically appear. No big deal when I call anyway cuz I keep my boarding passes and receipts for all time...
Old Sep 15, 1999, 4:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
StarAlliance (experience from a total of three rtw trips in 12 months):

LH miles&more program: all (including the "newbies" AN and NZ) but UA-flights are credited not longer than a week after the flight. UA flights very irregular.

UA mileage-plus-program: all but UA-code-share flights (with LH as carrier, but on a UA-flight number) post now fast (2-3 days). Those UA-code-share-flights post never or false (as LH-flight numbers missing then falsly the UA status-bonus).
Old Sep 16, 1999, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
NZ - all star alliance flights posted within a week with various bonuses attached.

The only difficulty has been AN flights that are ticketed as there subsiderary KD, despite the rules saying these are eligible NZ's computer kicks out KD flight numbers. Just a simple matter of telling the AP desk to put an AN instead of KD and it is solved - but should be easier.

Mark
Old Sep 17, 1999, 3:54 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Gretings from Veenendaal, Netherlands, where I'm surfing on my client's Internet connection.

This has been a frequent topic of discussion inthe CO discussion area. Several months ago there were some problems, especially when you were upgraded on a partner flight, but the problems seem to have been resolved of late. Partner postings for OnePass miles on HP and NW are taking somewhere around 3 days these days.
Old Sep 18, 1999, 8:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage (Exec Plat), United, Delta
My one experience flying a United partner on a non-codeshare was with Lufthansa intra-Europe last year. The outbound flight posted, the return did not. Considering it's just 500 miles at stake, it's annoying to have to copy the ticket and mail it in.

Conversely, my several experiences flying Qantas and BA have always resulted in miles being posted to my AA account in 5-7 days.
Old Sep 19, 1999, 3:22 am
In Memoriam

I've experienced no problems with my LH intra -geramn flights the last weeks on UA statement. But you have always to be aware, that computer programms don't work well. Otherwise I'm still missing a bonus for bus on my last recent flight ORD - DUS on UA.
So always keep all the papers, check the account and throw 'em away once they are credited. Don't trust "automatically" because we all know, a computer or some software is nothing to rely on.
Old Sep 19, 1999, 2:54 pm

Alaska Air miles to NWA account - 100% accuracy, including bonuses over the past 3 years.

United Air miles to Delta account - recently had to call both United & Delta after a month's delay; it got taken care of immediately. Delta has been superb at quickly handling missing postings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.