Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking YYC-LHR .. Now or later?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2002, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Booking YYC-LHR .. Now or later?

nyet!

Last edited by shuuy; Apr 11, 2024 at 9:00 pm
Old Oct 1, 2002, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YYCOllie:
Hey team-

Some quick advice, please.

Just priced out $935 including tax from YYC-LHR on 13Feb - 23Feb on AC I like that fare, and there's a good chance I'm flying on those dates.

The fare needs to be booked by 9Oct. Should I book it now, or will something else pop-up in the future? (according to all of your knowledge on the cyclical seat-sales)

Thx!

YYCOllie
</font>
If you must fly AC and you must fly over reading week then you might just book it. If you are flexible a bit I would wait - the post x-mas sale might save you $100 or so - then again AC has cranked the fares way higher than was the case when we had CP that really it's anyone's guess. In CP days I would have said to hold out for $649 to LHR. Have you checked Travelcuts? AA and BA are about the same price right now so if these airlines suit you then you might wait a bit as it is still early.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 11:18 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

The fare you're getting is already a seat sale fare. I don't think it'll go any lower. AC extended the LHR seat sale until Oct 9 (as noted in your original post). I think you should just buy it.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If this is indeed reading week at Calgary's universities, then you may not see much advantage in waiting for next January's seat sale to make the booking, as you may not find cheaper seats on the preferred flights you want. However, even if the current seat sale is extended, those flights require departure prior to mid-December [and likely a return by some time prior to Christmas], don't they Empress?

As others suggest, you might look at NW which often has good fares ex-Alberta routing you via MSP to London. Or the charter carriers on which you might save another $200 over the AC fare. Their prices will be lower all year round, and not just during sale periods. But you are paying more on AC for the non-stop flight, and your Aeroplan miles, versus taking a US carrier. And you'd be subject to lower added fees going non-stop from Canada, since you would not pay the various US fees, and GST [which I believe is not applied to fares outside NAmerica].
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:10 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
However, even if the current seat sale is extended, those flights require departure prior to mid-December [and likely a return by some time prior to Christmas], don't they Empress?</font>
NO. It's good until early March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.