Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Marriott gift certificates, $25 for only $15.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 1999, 4:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Right now you can buy a marrriott gift certificate from www.giftcertificates.com at a great discount.

If you go to the site, a pop up window will appear for a contest, enter your email address and they will send you a "super certificate" good for $10 off any gift certificate purchase (from many places, not just marriott) of $25 or more.

Once you enter that contest they have another dialy draw, enter up to 5 other email addresses (I won't say people -- HINT) and they too will receive the 10$ super certificate. Seems like a 40% discount on Marriott stays, assuming you can use multiple gift certificates at one time, anyone know this???

Tg
Old Nov 3, 1999, 5:08 am
Original Member

This coupon can not be used for cash purchases, which the Marriott certificate is considered. Read the rules as to how you may use the coupon. So once you receive the coupon, you will only be able to use it towards merchandise.
Old Nov 3, 1999, 10:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

General,

Where did you get this exclusion from? They exclude Amex checks, EToys certificates and a few others like "cash" as you say, but not marriott. Also, I have already ordered Marriott gift checks using teh 10 and they went through without a problem. Maybe this was a rule change since I did it last week, I will try to check it, and of course when I make it home in 2 weeks I guess I'll know if it actually arrives (I hope!) Well, if I am wrong anyone can try one of the other places on offer, I hate to steer anyone wrong, so if anyone is sure this doesnt work now let me know and I will delete the posts.

Okay, I have done my homework, From the Rules:
SuperCertificatesTM are not redeemable for cash, eToys, American Express Gift Cheques, or on the websites of companies represented by GiftCertificates.com.

and;

SuperCertificatesTM are not redeemable for cash, eToys, American Express Gift Cheques, or on the websites of companies represented by GiftCertificates.com.

General, I think you may be thinking of one of the other giftcertificate sites? If you tried it and it actually refused you please let us know, I dont want to waste anyone's time if it doesnt work anymore.

Tg

[This message has been edited by tummyg (edited 11-03-1999).]
Old Nov 3, 1999, 5:03 pm
Original Member

This was my experience a week ago when I tried to redeem the Marriott coupon. It would not let me make this transaction, siting that I was not allowed to use the coupon as cash towards a cash certificate. I still have this email so I'm going to try it again. I'll let you know how I make out.
Old Nov 3, 1999, 5:20 pm
pgupta011

I have in the past used a similar offer from them to get a $25 Marriott certificate for $15.

Old Nov 3, 1999, 6:48 pm
Original Member

The coupon worked this evening. Must have done something wrong the last time. Thanks, tummyg for that post. Without it I would never have thought about trying it again.
Old Nov 5, 1999, 12:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

general glad you were able to get it.

I think that counts as 100 free Marriott points. Of course you have to pay the rest of the bill, so those points aren't totally free...

Now if you enter their daily contest you can provide up to 5 more email addresses which will then receive the same offer, don't think they have to be different people...

cheers tg
Old Nov 5, 1999, 3:00 pm

Does anyone have any extra $10 coupons that they won't be using? I posted under the Coupon Exchange thread, but I figured I'd make a quick note here on the original thread as well..

Looking to help pay for my Marriott stay... thanks!

Darq
Old Nov 6, 1999, 2:54 am

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
Well....it looks like the discounts aren't for everybody. Hard as I try, I can't get one of those "pop-up windows" to pop up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.