Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Mileage Workshop gets 1200 visitors in one day!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 1998, 4:59 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Since many of you have known me since I first created my website in June, I thought I would share with you the terrific news that my humble little website now gets at least 500 hits a day and has peaked out at 1212!!!

I knew that a niche website that focuses on ways to earn miles without flying or buying would be interesting to many but I never thought it would be so popular. I guess that marketing degree and PR skills have had something to do with the success...

I appreciate all the support and link suggestions made by many of you and want to encourage you to send me more freebie mileage opportunities to post if you find them.

The Airline Mileage Workshop is located at:

http://members.theglobe.com/mileage
Old Dec 14, 1998, 5:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Congratulations (and my admiration)!
Old Dec 14, 1998, 7:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Hurrah! Your site is a real find and I have referred it out to many... We appreciate your efforts and LOVE the miles!
Old Dec 14, 1998, 10:37 pm
Original Member

Mileage Addict--- your site rocks...of course a little free publicity on this board and in the SF Chronicle sure doesnt hurt : )
Old Dec 15, 1998, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Publicity is the primary key to any successful website. Besides the SF Examiner, the website has also been mentioned in various email travel newsletters, Inside Flyer magazine, Tampa Tribune and an english language newspaper in Hong Kong!
Old Dec 15, 1998, 1:13 pm
Commander Catcop

Congratulations Mileage Addict. Here goes the Legal Cat again: Do you think you should copyright you site so other's don't copy it?
I don't know how copyright laws apply to websites (DJLawman, would you care to enlighten us on this?)

There's another Frequent Flyer Site on PlanetAll but it doesn't have the excitement of FlyerTalk or Your site.

It's a terrific site, Love the animated plane. Have received several great mileage tips from there. And I'm more than happy to help a fellow FlyerTalk member.

Plus the cats and I have been telling our friends to Check out FlyerTalk and the Airline Mileage Workshop. You know that cats can be chatty! CATMAN

Old Dec 15, 1998, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Catman,

I took your advice a few months ago. The website has been copyrighted.
Old Dec 15, 1998, 4:13 pm
Original Member

Information about web copyright issues can be found at:
http://www.benedict.com/index.htm
Old Jan 4, 1999, 7:22 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
MilageAddict ~ Looks like you got some more free publicity ...

http://www.travelthe.net/cgi-bin/show/columns/freqflyer.htm

Old Jan 5, 1999, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Beckles,

Thanks for the tip. I can't believe how I was able to fill a little niche market on the internet. I only spend an hour or two a week working on the website yet the visitation traffic continues to grow.

Its been a lot of fun and I've learned a few things about internet marketing from the experience.

Old Jan 5, 1999, 11:21 am

MA ~ I think what everyone here is really interested in hearing is how many miles you've earned now from the site ...
Old Jan 6, 1999, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Beckles, Beckles, Beckles....that is like asking someone how much money they make!

Let's just say that its enough to keep me flying business class to Europe with my wife for free for the next few trips.
Old Jan 6, 1999, 1:07 pm

MA ~ Oh, I'd hardly consider that akin to salary ... after all, many folks around here often brag of their exploits *grin*.

Besides, right on your pages you often list how much you've earned with individual programs, so I didn't think you were too shy about it!
Old Jan 6, 1999, 1:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
my first US-encounter with a ff-flyer on my very first thrip (with Ozark on stand-by) in the US (in 1973) resultet in him questioning me:

- "where do you come from?"; my answer: "Switzerland"; he replied: "oh yes, I know Bjorn Borg". (Bjorn was/is Swede!).

- "what do you do?"; "importing beverages to Switzerland"; "Oh - why do all europeans drink mineral water with bubbles?"

- "HOW MUCH DO YOU EARN?"; "nothing at the moment - I took 2 months off to travel across your country".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.