Wiki Posts
Search

FF Ticket Trifecta

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2000, 5:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

FF Ticket Trifecta

Just got done booking 4 FF tickets on AA to St. Thomas for a February vacation. This is an extremely popular time (as shown by the fact that the weekends Feb. 17-18 and 24-25 are blacked out), so I was absolutely amazed to get 4 FF tickets. Flying to STT on the 19th, and back on Mon. the 26th.

Extremely pleased with myself because I was able to book the tickets using the following methods:

1. Booked 2 tickets using 60,000 miles in our British Airways Household Account, which allows us to pool the mileage from all 4 family members to use together. 4 of us took a trip to Spain this summer, so that mileage is all usable towards these tickets, even though no individual account has the 30,000 miles necessary for 1 Caribbean ticket.

2. Booked the third ticket with my AA account, and some of the mileage comes from transferring existing mutual funds over to have them held by TD Waterhouse. Same funds, but got 10,000 miles for transferring.

3. Fourth ticket was booked using my wife's AA and US mileage combined. Her AA mileage is way old, and her US mileage comes primarily from transferring some mutual funds to e-Trade to get 10,000 click miles, transferring the 10,000 clicks to 20,000 Starwood points during a double promotion, and then transferring the 20,000 Starwood to 25,000 US miles using the Starwood program bonus.

Shows just how valuable studying the program rules and this board can be. Best thing was I was able to get these 4 tickets using just some of our non-primary FF accounts (other than my US, DL and TW accounts).

Djlawman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.