Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about ITN.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2000, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Question about ITN.com

I just went to ITN(AMEX) to search for available seats. When I found the flights I wanted, it showed 7 seats avail. in EACH of the differant catagories(10+). I thought this too much of a coincidence and checked seats on a differant carrier. It showed 9 seats in each cat. I'm new to ITN. Am I reading it or doing something wrong?
Old Jun 26, 2000, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Some airlines will use an indicator of 9 to say that there are at least 9 seats in that fare class, which is why you will see the number 9 for flights that are wide open.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
As noted above, the "Y9" means there are AT LEAST nine Y fares available to sell on that flight. The long string of fare bases letters each with "9" after it probably means each category still has that many available (they should zero when they cross a advance purchase date I think). A Res Agent could tell us.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 5:50 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
The 7 and 9 are typical numbers used as indicators meaning that >7 or >9 seats are available in that booking class. Most airlines use 9 but some use 7. Keep in mind that:

- these often represent the *same* 9 (or more) seats available in each booking class. i.e. if a seat is available in a lower booking class, the same seat will nearly always be available at a higher booking class.

- the flight may be full, the seat availability then represents over-booking capacity for the flight. Basically the availability does not have to correspond exactly to actual seats in the plane.

- as many on this board have pointed out, the availability (and seat maps) as shown on itn.com may differ somewhat from "reality" for various reasons. However it does provide excellent "ballpark" figures.

[This message has been edited by megamiles (edited 06-26-2000).]
Old Jun 26, 2000, 8:07 pm

Please tell me how to access the ITN seat availability chart. I cannot seem to be able to check how many F and A class seats there are on a particular flight. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. I lost touch after ITN was taken over by AMEX
Old Jun 26, 2000, 8:44 pm
Original Member

Try changing the setting in your profile from novice to advanced.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 9:53 pm

Thanks so much
Old Jun 27, 2000, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Makes sense. Thank's all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.