Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Same day standby: Allowed if the same class not available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2003, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

If ther's room on an earlyer flight but your particular low class say "L" is not available, will they let you on the plane for no charge? (I know I've successfully gone on an earlyer flight but I don't know if the particular class has to be available or not)

Now how about a Reward ticket?

[This message has been edited by Kidz (edited 08-26-2003).]
Old Aug 27, 2003, 12:24 am

Not generally; fare rules are fare rules, and standby priviledges are an extra 'priviledge' one may purchase by purchasing a more expensive fare or by paying the appropriate change fee.

The odd agent here or there might confirm you on an earlier flight if you show up early and plenty of space is available. But that's generally the exception, not the rule.

Old Aug 27, 2003, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If you hold a same day Aeroplan ticket, you can standby for a flight. You will have the same priority as with a revenue ticket, and based upon your elite status.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 9:17 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

If it is a ticket that permits same day standby [No standby on L class on domestic flights, you have to call res and pay a change fee to get on an earlier flight], you don't need the same booking class to be available in order to get on the flight. As long as there is an open seat and you're next in line on the waitlist, you'll get on. Same applies for Aeroplan bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.