Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ>LGA then LGA>YUL>YYZ. Any way to do this on one reward ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2003, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

I don't think YUL is considered a valid stopover between LGA and YYZ. Can anyone confirm this and is there any way to find out just what the stopover rules are. Aeroplan.com doesn't say very much.

I'm trying to figure out the most economical way to plan this trip using points only. Essentially its just a round trip YYZ>LGA with a stopover in YUL.
However, it doesn't look like I can even fly YYZ>LGA then LGA>YUL then purchase a seperate ticket. Basically I can't think of any to fly this route without buying 3 seperate reward tickets. Somehow 45k is a lot to spend for this one trip.

I would appreciate any help to plan this a little more economically.

Thanks...Mark
Old Apr 27, 2003, 12:46 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Youponder:
it doesn't look like I can even fly YYZ&gt;LGA then LGA&gt;YUL then purchase a seperate ticket.</font>
Actually you could do this. You're allowed one stopover or one open jaw on a domestic award ticket.

So you can claim YYZ-LGA-YUL and then Tango or VIA YUL-YYZ.

As for seeing allowable routings, go to www.expedia.ca, flights & charters tab, lowest fare, enter your city pair then you'll get a list of fares. Go to the (fare code Y1) one and click more rules. Go to the bottom and you'll see 'routing'. [Note, for domestic city pairs, don't select Air Canada, just leave it as All airlines, otherwise all the fares won't show up]

Let me know if you need more help.

Old Apr 27, 2003, 12:54 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Btw, if you need to book YYZ-LGA-YUL (open jaw), you'll need to do it by calling Aeroplan as it's not doable online.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 8:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
Btw, if you need to book YYZ-LGA-YUL (open jaw), you'll need to do it by calling Aeroplan as it's not doable online.</font>

Is doable even a word?
Old Apr 27, 2003, 9:10 am
ALW

Of course it is:

www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/d/d0312600.html

do·a·ble
adj.
Possible to do: a program that is tough but doable.

andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.