Wiki Posts
Search

Q miles on AC Vacations flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2001, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
Q miles on AC Vacations flights?

Does anyone know if AC flights sold by AC Vacations count as Q miles? I've called Aeroplan twice, one said yes, the other said no.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 4:53 pm

You won't get any miles (Q miles or regular/bonus miles) for Air Canada Vacation charter flights.

Aeroplan guide states the following: "Not eligible: Air Canada Connector airline charter flights and Air Canada Vacation charter flights.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
While Flying Buffalo is correct in saying you won't get Aeroplan miles on charters operated for AC Vacations [by Skyservice and sometimes even AC and CP metal aircraft, but not scheduled AC services], your particular flight may not be on a charter. AC Vacations does put customers onto scheduled AC flights too, and in that case you will get the normal Aeroplan miles the flight would garner [both basic and Q-miles], plus AC Vacations often offers a 2,500 mile bonus for the land package portion. What you must ascertain is: on which carrier are you booked? That will determine mileage eligibility.

You indicate you are on an AC flight. Then I would expect it will get you miles, but perhaps you can let us know the actual flight numbers and origin/destination, and we can better answer your question.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently took an AC vacation package to Paris. I was on a regular AC scheduled flight and received Q miles plus 2500 for the vacation. The price was right also.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
You indicate you are on an AC flight. Then I would expect it will get you miles, but perhaps you can let us know the actual flight numbers and origin/destination, and we can better answer your question.</font>
Thanks for your responses. The flight is Toronto to St. Lucia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.