Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone know of OAG deals?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2000, 12:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Anyone know of OAG deals?

About this time last year, I believe someone posted a great deal on the OAG Pocket Guide. Well I took advantage of a nearly half price deal, but now my subscription is about up. I was wondering if anyone has seen any promotions that cover renewals?

Retail these days is $99.
Old Sep 11, 2000, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Along those same lines - any deals on the Worldwide Electronic version?

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2000, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My subscription is about up and their first offer was $99/yr and NO ff miles. I am going to drop it. It is approx 85% UA flights, 1.5 in thick and too heavy to lug around and that aint nice.
Old Sep 11, 2000, 2:41 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I Prefer the AMEX skyguide. Much easier to use...AND as of this year you can pay with membership rewards.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 12:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I received a "two years for the price of one" offer - $99 for two years. It referred to "Preferred customer savings" and listed a preferred customer number - 0BEB7. I don't know if that is my personal number or the code for this offer. There were no other code numbers on the offer.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I decided not to renew the OAG when they dropped their Frequent Flyer magazine. My last best offer was $69 for another year.

Bruce
Old Sep 12, 2000, 6:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
bds,

I guess you're not impressed with the electronic version of the OAG Frequent Flyer magazine??

P.S. Living in PJ, does NJT still operate the 1-2 car shuttle to "downtown" Princeton? I lived in Monmouth Junction in the late '80s!
Old Sep 12, 2000, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I have subscribed to the PFG for about 20 years and found Frequent Flyer Mag to be a useful utility with its listings of new services in all parts of the country. The online version is clumsy and not very useful and the book itself has to a large extent become superfluous with the profusion of online schedule utilities. I will have it for another year and a half because I too took advantage of the two for one offer early this year, but I think that is the end for me. Sorry, but I have no record of the code or the details of the offer.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 11:37 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
JerryFF's deal code worked for me. They gave me the $99 for two years (plus local sales tax) renewal. While the OAG is not as necessary a business tool as it once was, it certainly is worth $50 annually.

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
nycatl,

I agree with monitor. The electronic version is too clumsy. I really liked the paper one. Still, maybe OAG is worth $50 per year (deductible, too). I'll think about it.

Yes, NJT still runs the "dinky" between Princeton Junction and Princeton, but it's only one car now. It doesn't run all hours, and it's locked behind a fence at night, after a Princeton student decided to climb on top one night and electrocuted himself (but not fatally).

Bruce
Old Sep 25, 2000, 5:13 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just wondering, Bruce, if one can actually be electrocuted, rather than say, "shocked", and survive? Is electrocution fatal?

BTW- The main reason this post was made was to bring the OAG offer forward! I posted another "deal" which was NOT as favorable and I wanted this one to come up first!

Old Sep 27, 2000, 4:44 pm

just recieved 2 years for $99. that promotion code works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.