Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SE upgrading on CP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2000, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
SE upgrading on CP

Can someone please list the fare codes an AC SE can upgrade on CP?

Thanks,

Dorian

------------------
Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html
Old Sep 11, 2000, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Can't answer your question definitively, since the only guide I have is the Cdn+ GOLD one which specifies eligible fares on being: Y, B, H, K and M. On Cdn, M and B are the opposite of what they are on AC: M is the lowest eligible discounted fare for elite upgrading (Q, N, V and L are ineligible for upgrading with this year's stickers as they are on AC) while B is a slightly discounted economy fare, almost as flexible as Y, and like M is on AC. Hope this helps, but I'm sure when the sun rises over Calgary and Vancouver in a few hours, BB or AC*SE can give you a more definite answer.
Old Sep 11, 2000, 8:09 am
Original Member

On a related, but seperate note: I was just in YUL for the weekend, and flew YYZ-YUL-YYZ on a CP "L" fare (the lowest I think). On the return, I was on a CP operated 767-300, and as an Elite with AC, the CP agents let me use one of the red CP stickers to upgrade to J class. I think that this was a complete bending of the rules, but very nice never the less!
Old Sep 11, 2000, 8:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Y, B, H, and M domestically
plus K international
should be OK CP fares to upgrade

As Shareholder states, CP's Q, N, V and L are ineligible for upgrading.

I just book the AC codeshare number (hence you get AC fare codes) so I don't have to break my brain thinking about it. Not sure this works for flights to SYD and PEK though.

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 09-11-2000).]
Old Sep 11, 2000, 11:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
It doesn't--AC doesn't codeshare on much CP international metal.

Y,B,H,K, and M are OK on CP--they correspond with Y,M,B,H,V on AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.