Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Photo Gallery - Update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 1999, 10:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Flyertalk Photo Gallery - Update

The "Most Wanted" page has been updated. Look for the long awaited addition of CATMAN, YAZ and EDDIE.

HTTP://members.aol.com/flyerpics/wanted.htm

As always, feel free to e-mail me with photo files, or for instructions to snail-mail them to me. I will add them as I receive them.

Dave
Old Jan 18, 1999, 11:32 am
Commander Catcop

WOW! Mark McGuire the home run king is really CATMAN!!!

Meanwhile: I'm fielding calls from the cat food companies who want to make Yaz the next
Fancy Feast cat and Eddie the next Cat Chow
Star!!!

Thanks NJDavid for adding us and proving to
everyone who CATMAN Really is! CATMAN
Old Jan 18, 1999, 11:50 am
Original Member

Mark McGwire is a friend of mine and he does not own a torn and tattered Hawaiian shirt and a "funky" hat, obviously to cover(hide) something! Yaz & Eddie are much,much more handsome than their Catmaster. The guy in the picture resembles "Waylon Jennings".
Old Jan 18, 1999, 12:32 pm
Commander Catcop

VERY OMNI POSTING!!! Waylon's a friend of the Cat and I don't he looks like Mark McGuire. And that shirt's not torn and tattered (it's all in one piece!) Ya'll see me in that shirt for the Party in Paradise!

And Meg and Michelle, the CATWOMEN happen to love the shirt!

I would have submitted my hatless picture but I could not find a copy. So much demand for a photo of such a handsome Jerzee news dude! CATMAN

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 01-18-99).]
Old Jan 18, 1999, 3:47 pm
Original Member

Now I know where I have seen that picture. It was in the Postoffice when I was buying stamps with my Amex Card and getting triple MR's. It was right there beside.....
Old Jan 19, 1999, 11:13 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
I have updated the Photo page with some new JPEGs I received yesterday.

A request - please send me your real name and Flyertalk username with each picture you send. I had to do some searching by e-mail to find the match for one. Boy, we sure have a lot of Marks.

Dave
Old Jan 19, 1999, 2:51 pm
Commander Catcop

Thank you Dave for all your work with the Rogues gallery. I have told my many, many, many friends and cat acquaintances of Yaz and Eddie of the site and they all give it two thumbs and four paws up!

Hey! Mark's a great and classy name. I"m wondering how you can tell the three Marks of FlyerTalk apart:

AusTxHiker would be covered in snow.
PremEx would be holding a MaiTai (After all he's the Grand Pumpah of the "Party in Paradise."
Catman would have a few strands of Cat Hair on his very colorful and well kept Hawaiian shirt, with Meg and Michelle fighting over who will he take to the Party in Paradise. A real "Cat fight!" (WOW! That CATWOMAN PIX has me purring!) CATMAN

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 01-19-99).]
Old Jan 22, 1999, 1:09 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Looks like more pictures have been posted....including yours truly.

[This message has been edited by MileageAddict (edited 01-22-99).]
Old Jan 23, 1999, 7:52 am
Original Member
Original Poster

So far, 17 slots have been filled (if you include Yaz, Eddie and Arturo). However many of the "elite" flyertalkers (way more posts than myself) have not sent anything. I'm still hopefull they can be convinced.

I received a hilarious joke to post in the form of a crayoned note from a flying child, but unfortunately I could not put it up as I've chosen to keep any "provactive" words off of the site.

Keep the JPEGs coming, and again, feel free to E-mail me if you want info how to send me pictures to scan, as I'm happy to.

PS: the only person who has accepted that offer is CATMAN, and I'm trying to decide if I should return his photo to him or put it up for auction here? Any suggestions?

Dave
Old Jan 23, 1999, 10:25 am
Commander Catcop

At least Yaz and Eddie are real "people" and if they could write English would contribute to FlyerTalk (I'm offering them as the unofficial "mascots" of FlyerTalk!) So they
can fit on your rogues gallery NJDAVID.

As for the photos... you are welcome to send them back to me or keep them.

If some of you want to auction them off... note: I Don't want it to be a money related auction... I have plenty of pixs of the cats and my very handsome self from Maui (one of that pix's right on my computer desk!) Maybe like people can e-mail me saying why they must have a CATMAN original. CATMAN

Old Jan 23, 1999, 11:34 am
Original Member

OR, e-mail you and say WHY you can keep the pictures!!
Old Jan 23, 1999, 2:33 pm
Original Member

Arturo, Nancy and I pitched in and bid $3.49 and a stick of gum.
Old Jan 26, 1999, 9:12 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Update, announcing AIRMAIL!

I've added a couple of new pictures, and a new feature.

You can now use this site to send and pick-up free internet postcards. Add music, pictures, text, animations, links, etc.

This link is to one of my favorite post card sites on the web. While they are free to use, it is a commercial site, so I believe there are ads. I in no way profit from adding the link. I just thought it would be a nice feature to add (and maybe convince some more of you to send in pictures).

Let me know what you think.

Dave

Old Jan 26, 1999, 1:49 pm
Commander Catcop

A friend of mine told me about AirMail. It's a pretty good site, NJDavid (though your's should get some kind of special FREDDIE for investing in putting faces behind the names on Flyertalk -- especially the fact that Mark McGuire is among those listed on the rogues
gallery! CATMAN

Old Feb 1, 1999, 1:33 pm
Original Member

There's a new addition to this site...

Isn't he a handsome chap!

Also, a little off the topic, I received photos of Rudi in his 49ers jacket in today's mail... sent to me from the Royal Garden Riverside Marriot in Bangkok, midway through his latest round-the-world trip. I will try to get my hands on a scanner and send copies to NJD for his photo gallery...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.