Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Plane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 1998, 7:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Star Alliance Plane

Flew from London Heathrow to Newark on Tuesday and noticed a plane painted like the ones on the Star Alliance Ads parked at a gate. Any thoughts?

As a sort of odd side light the flight on a 777 was less than half full. Near the end a flight attendent came around with a box of bar soap and offered a bar to passengers as a holiday gift. This was in coach (always a budget traveler)
Old Dec 10, 1998, 8:21 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
I saw one of those at EWR on this past Monday (December 7th).

....I did a triple take, but thought they were filming some ad. I donno if I'd ever let myself fly on something that looked like that........
Old Dec 10, 1998, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Each Star Alliance member has one of these planes. I was at Depasar (Bali) airport last month and took a snap of Thai's Star Alliance plane. If you want to see it point your browser to: http://members.aol.com/premex/uploads/bali/thaistarplane.jpg
Old Dec 11, 1998, 8:51 am
Original Member

Aktuallly, i thinks this pictur is a betters one!

http://members.aol.com/premex/uploads/bali/markhyattbar.jpg
Old Dec 11, 1998, 9:28 am
Original Member

I agree, roberto.

If that's PremEx, I think that our party-planning is in very good hands...
Old Dec 11, 1998, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Baobab...you are right, your party planning IS in good hands, but not because of me. Your Party Planning Committee consists of some of the most committed (or should be committed!) individuals it's been my pleasure to work with. This group represents enough knowledge, dedication, attention to detail, creativity, generosity, and down right craziness...that this is sure to be a get-together to remember! Your Party Planning committee consists of:

TropicalFlyer - Island Logistics
Rudi - Activities
Catman - Social Director
PremEx - Communications

We are working hard "behind the scenes" to make this a fun and memorable event. When we have formalized the activities and options, we will post the info to the board and our Web Site (in development). In the mean time, if you have any immediate questions, please feel free to EMAIL any or all of us, and we'll get back to you right away.

Any of you folks that want to attend and have not already done so, please email [email protected] with a "YES" or "MAYBE" and we'll add you to our mailing list.

And hey...Roberto...you are the clever one...quit hacking into my files!
Old Dec 11, 1998, 10:15 am
Original Member

PremEx - your directories are open, so it's easy enough to browse through them... it all seemed to be G-rated, anyway.
Old Dec 11, 1998, 1:57 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in VIENNA, AUSTRIA
Especially the one in the pool (!)
Old Dec 11, 1998, 2:44 pm
Original Member

I thinks the PremEx look like Goerge Castanza on those Seinfeld TV show!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.