Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz car rental booking question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2000, 3:10 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Hertz car rental booking question

I know this belongs to Hertz forum but it probably generate a faster response here...

I just wanted to know when I make reservation at the Hertz website, it asks me for my credit card to make res... so what happen if I am "no show" for the reservation, will the credit card be charge anything? I noticed that this is the only company that requires a credit card at time of booking for car rental.

Thanks..
Old Nov 5, 2000, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
FWIW, Thrifty also requires a credit card but only when you book online. I think Enterprise also requires a CC guarantee.
Old Nov 5, 2000, 4:46 pm

You are only charged when you guarantee the car. This is required only with special vehicles like Jaguars and min-vans, etc.

If you don't show, they won't charge you.
Old Nov 5, 2000, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
If your a hertz gold cub member it verifies the card you're using and that way you don't need it when you pick up the card.

I don't think they charge you if you don't show, but read the terms and condtions of making the reservation on their site.
Old Nov 5, 2000, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Budget also requires a CC to book online.

Of course, there's really no reason to ever be a "no-show" anyway. A simple call to cancel your car-rental reservation is simple, and basically the correct thing to do. Aloha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.