Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 1998, 6:58 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Lima Airport

I'm visiting Lima in transit for a day in december. Is there a cloakroom or baggage store at the international airport or do I have to carry all my cases with me? I arrive At 0900hrs and depart on United at around 2339hrs the same night. Any suggestions as to how to spend the day, also UA don't have a Red Carpet Lounge. Are their any other alternatives to while away the hours at the terminal?

Old Oct 29, 1998, 4:23 am
Original Member

Lima is quite a dangerous city, so it's not
quite recommended just to walk around.
The airport is quite ok, and there is
at least a Dinners Lounge.
It's located in the first floor, and it's
before the immigrations. If you pass
immigrations, they won't let you go back.
I'm almost sure there are other lounges.
Try an "Inka Cola", the national drink, and
have a "ceviche" (that's raw fish, but it's
very good)
Old Oct 31, 1998, 4:23 am

I don't agree that Lima is particularly dangerous these days, although I'm sure there are parts that are. I spent a week there last year and it felt a lot safer than it was in the late 80's. I had no problems walking through the centre in the late night.
The Diners Club lounge is pretty good and there is one either side of immigration. I think non-cardholders can pay to use it and as well as snacks and soft drinks, they provide free Pisco.
There is a luggage deposit at the airport for a couple of dollars.
If you don't have any plans on how to spend the day, I'd catch a taxi to the Gold Museum and then cross the main road (I think on the next block across from the museum) and there is an excellent seafood restaurant where you can have great ceviche along with a couple of Cusquena beers. Then you can get a cab into the centre for a bit of a wander around the beautiful plazas for the evening before heading back to the airport.
Enjoy the day
Old Oct 31, 1998, 9:54 am
Suspended

jerry grant: a personalized email covering you Lima-airport-questions is ready - but I miss your email-address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.