Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Macys-Clickrewards deal is apparently no more.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 1999, 3:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.

Now that it appears to have disapeared, I might as well tell everyone about a deal that seemed too good to be true.

Macys.com was a Clickrewards merchant. (It doesn't seem to be any longer). You could purchase a $100 gift card (like an electronic gift certificate with no expiration) on line and get 500 clickmiles. This was doubled to 1000 in Clickrewards current promotion. The card will be used by my family whenever we shop at Macys, and the cost of shipping was $4.95.

1000 miles for 4.95 is less than 1/2 cent per mile. Pretty good deal, huh?

I was hoping to buy more, but as I said, Macys seems to be gone from the Clickrewards site.
Old Feb 25, 1999, 1:17 pm
Commander Catcop

That was a great deal, NJDavid, and I wondered how long it would take for Macy's to wise up and pull the offer.

Little did Macy's realize all the Frequent Flyers who can buy those gift cards for their happy shopping spouses while they get miles.

OMNI: I passed on the offer because I have my problems with Macy's (rude service, never has what I want, the Herald Square store's too crowded, once they asked five times why I don't open a Macy's charge account. I left my purchase on the counter and left. It was Gold Toe White Athletic SOX. I only say NO once!)

Now if Nordstrom had a similar offer... A lot of my friends would be getting gift cards for the birthdays! CATMAN
Old Feb 25, 1999, 6:51 pm
Original Member

I agree the customer service at Nordstroms is superior.
Old Feb 26, 1999, 1:14 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
last august (98) there was a Nordstrom promotion (first page advertisement in Hemisphere magazine) for 500 UA miles when buying promoted shoes (I did - Catman for sure remembers).
Old Feb 26, 1999, 12:44 pm
Commander Catcop

I do remember Rudi and I too took advantage of the offer by getting a nice pair of loafers thanks to your alert.

The Nordstrom people were well aware of the promotion. IN fact at my store (Paramus) they asked if a shoe buyer belonged to Mileage Plus!

------------------
CATMAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.