TWA Ambassador club lifetime membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2001, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)

Does anyone know if the purchase of a lifetime ambassador club membership can still be bought? This would be an excellent asset since AA doesn't offer a lifetime membership (that I know of).

Old Jan 10, 2001, 3:11 pm

You gotta wonder if they would be honored by AA even if they were.

Remember, AA is buying a company in bankruptcy proceedings, which gives a company all kinds of power to dump debt.

Or WORSE, they honor it at only the locations of existing Ambassador clubs, but not Admiral's Clubs --- but since you're flying on AA, you may not encounter as many Ambassador clubs outside STL, or at locations inconvenient to the AA gates...

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Jan 10, 2001, 4:04 pm

AA does indeed have a lifetime membership program.

However, I can now add my TWA one to my PanAm and Western lifetime collection (although I did get a Delta Lifetime from my Western.)

Perhaps I'll get a 2nd AA Lifetime from my TWA!

So far, my AA and UA lifetimes are out living them all......
Old Jan 10, 2001, 4:31 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
sdix,

American no longer has any lifetime memberships available. TWA does sell it, but I am not sure that I would buy one now (since Continental did not honor Eastern's lifetime passes purchased after their bankruptcy). Hopefully TWA will be honest as of now and let people if they think that they should be selling lifetime cards.
Old Jan 10, 2001, 5:26 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
freakflyer is right, Eastern Ionosphere lifetime membership purchased before Chapter 11 were converted into lifetime President's Club membership, those who purchased after the bankruptcy were SOL.
Old Jan 10, 2001, 5:40 pm

I am not sure that Old Gold is correct. I was an Eastern Ionosphere lifetime member for many years before the chapter 11, but I never received anything from Eastern or Continental that said a conversion was possible.
Old Jan 10, 2001, 7:26 pm

R,

Run, don'lt walk, to the phone and call Continental. It may be too late, but your card should have been converted to a lifetime President's Club card. And that will also get you into Northwest's club and America West's club.

FF
Old Jan 10, 2001, 9:30 pm

As of today, TWA will only sell one year membership to its clubs.
Old Jan 10, 2001, 11:03 pm

Thanks Tango. This makes a lot of sense. American must be awfully glad that they aren't picking up that liability also.

Can you find out if we can transfer 100k MR points into Aviators and get Platinum status?
Old Jan 11, 2001, 3:53 am

Thanks freakflyer, I will give them a call right away and see if I can get the conversion.
Old Jan 11, 2001, 10:00 am

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
Rbarbour: Please let us know what you learn.

As I posted on another thread, I too had a Life membership in the EA Ionosphere Club purchased in the edarly 1970's. Some time after the demise of EA, CO offered to transfer this life membership in their Presidents Club if I made 4 (?) RT flights within 6 (?) months.

Unfortunately no CO routes and destinations were in my immediate travel plans; and (at that time) CO was the pits in service and EWR was about the same. So I passed up the offer.

I was chagrinned to later learn from a semi-retired friend from NJ now living in PHX that he simply bought four cheap (but refundable) PHX-LAS-PHX tickets, made photocopies and sent them to CO, and later cashed in the tickets. He is now a lifetime CO club member. I have only a possible collector's item EA plastic card!

Old Jan 11, 2001, 10:51 am
Anne at WebFlyer

Members who have flown 1 million miles with TWA are entitled to lifetime Platinum membership. Complimentary access is then available for a member and companion. I suppose the million dollar question would be, what would it translate to in the AAdvantage program?

Old Jan 12, 2001, 12:47 am

Originally posted by Old Gold:
freakflyer is right, Eastern Ionosphere lifetime membership purchased before Chapter 11 were converted into lifetime President's Club membership, those who purchased after the bankruptcy were SOL.
How do I confirm this?

I was also a EA Ionosphere Lifetime member. I didn't receive any offer for converting to President's CLub.

Who can I contact now?????

Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2001, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
Million Milers under AAdvantage are entitled to lifetime Platinum (2nd tier). This does not get you lounge access, except on day of travel for international itineraries on a OneWorld carrier.
Old Jan 12, 2001, 12:43 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
When Continental eliminated the the Infinite Elite status from the OnePass literature in 1994 they did not inform members who had qualified for Gold Elite in 1993 that they could continue to meet the qualification requirements, you had to ask. I'm told that it's no longer being given, even to those who may have qualified. I was also told that you had to actually fly the published milage requirements, if you were given comp status for one or more years it didn't count, no exceptions were made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.