Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap long-term parking at LAX???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 1999, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Cheap long-term parking at LAX???

For a while I have been parking my car while traveling at the Continental Plaza Hotel near LAX. Amazing deal -- just $55 a month with a two month minimum. But the lot is now closed for at least nine months for hotel renovations. I'm crushed!

Does anyone know of another long-term parking bargain near LAX?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 6, 1999, 8:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
When we travel, we take super shuttle or a cab. Often this is cheaper than driving and parking. It is alway more convenient and is safer, as a flat or car trouble is met with back up equipment. Could this be an alternative.

Also there is a FREE park and ride just off the Lakewood Blvd, near the 105 freeway. No real security, but they do have people there most of the time. The "train" in only $1.35? each way. Hard to beat. Also there are a few hotels that let you park for free if you spend the night before. I do this at Ontario, but also understand that LAX has some. Two months may be a problem.
Old Apr 9, 1999, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Ranles, thanks for the good suggestions. I might try the free place if it's not too far from the airport -- sounds too good to be true.

With the $55 a month deal, you could go in and out all you wanted ... I usually travel at least twice a month so taxis or even Super Shuttle is a lot more expensive.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 9, 1999, 6:35 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
If you live near the San Fernando Valley, there is the "Flyaway" in Van Nuys. This is run by the LA Airports Dept. and allows a maximum of 15 days parking. Price is only $1 a day. A bus runs approximately every 30 minutes to/from LAX for about $7 roundtrip. Security is very good.
Old Apr 9, 1999, 1:54 pm

Last night, I read the following in Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine...
Stay one night at these hotels and park for free.

Park and Fly Rates around the Country
Atlanta HoJos $59
Boston HoJos $99
Chicago ORD Wyndham $79 (and don't forget the Platinum Triple upgrade deal)
Cleveland Radisson $89
Dallas DFW Holiday Inn $69
Detroit Doubletree $75
Fort Lauderdale Ramada $63
Vegas La Quinta Inn $62
LAX Holiday Inn $79
St. Louis Doubletree $69

Hope this helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.