Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Upgrade question

A ticket has been purchased and miles used to upgrade to first class. Are miles earned on the flight?
Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IncredibleDeals:
A ticket has been purchased and miles used to upgrade to first class. Are miles earned on the flight? </font>
With most airlines - yes, you will get miles. The only reason I say with most, because there maybe one or two that's different, and you did not specify. I never heard of one, but who knows.

Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:27 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Yes, but usually only for the fare the ticket was for, so you probably won't get the first class bonus miles
Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
One most airlines, you'll earn miles based on the class of service purchased and not the class of service flown.

Bought a coach ticket and upgraded? You probably won't get a "class of service bonus" for flying C or F.

But you will get miles for the flight.

Alaska, for instance, used to give miles based on class of service flown. AS flyers sure miss that one!

------------------
View from the Wing: A blog about Free Miles and Free Markets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.