Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which Star Alliance Miles program to get Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2002, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

HI all
Am doing a Business Class round the world trip and will get just under 29000 Km. Anyway I was just thinking, what Star Alliance Frequent Flyer program would give me the best benefits, both by way of status and rewards?

I am a member of Air New Zealand and United but ANZ has a very high rewards level (20000 miles for a reward flight with United from Auckland-Melbourne where as its 30000 points with Air New Zealand for the same trip.
Do you think that it will be safe putting these miles with United?
Id hate to loose them in the even that something happens? Anyone think it would be safe if I do use Mileage Plus or would someone like Lufthansa be better?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Old Jul 22, 2002, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a specific Forum here on the FlyerTalk Miles main page under "Global Alliances" called "Star."

It would be the perfect place for your question and would likely yield many more responses from FlyerTalkers experienced in various Star Alliance carriers.

Suggest you repost it there.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 07-22-2002).]
Old Jul 22, 2002, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Sorry guys
Got all mixed up, had two windows open and posted to wrong one!
Thanks again

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.