Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas - Its ridicoulous Starwoods points not posting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2002, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Qantas - Its ridicoulous Starwoods points not posting

Its been more than 6 weeks. I have called Qantas and Starwoods regarding my points transfer and even emailed them several times.

But no one seems to provide any assistance. Anyone having such a horrid time.

Old Jul 17, 2002, 2:37 pm

I bought quite a few subscriptions with the intention of transfering my SW points to Quantas. I was prepared to wait about one month for the transfer to be completed. Six weeks is unacceptable! I will post when my miles hit my Quantas account. If anyone can contact Randy to help expedite this process, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 3:27 pm
cxn

It takes time but it does happen. I have gotten my transfers in about 4 - 6 weeks.

Call SPG not Randy if you think they might have lost your points.

Chrsitian
Old Jul 17, 2002, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Well, before you get too upset and write to complain to Randy, Starwood and Qantas, do learn to spell Q-A-N-T-A-S, backitupmax.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 3:59 pm

I hope my Qantas points post soon!
Old Jul 17, 2002, 4:20 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Qantas sweeps Starwood once a mpmth towards the end of the month and they don't alwways sweep up every last crumb of transfers. So, hang tight until end of July, THEN call Qantas (it is totally out of Randy's hands so don't bother him!)
Old Jul 17, 2002, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Others report success with the Starwood --> Qantas transfer, though with varying wait times.

Yours should show up eventually... although if by customer service being unhelpful you mean thatyou get "I don't knows" that's bad -- you should be told simply and plainly how long these transfers take.

Echo beaubo in saying not to go to Randy over this. He didn't offer you Qantas points. He offered you Starwood points, which from your message it appears you received. Randy held up his end of the bargain. Now it's up to Starwood.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 8:02 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Once your points post to Starwood from InsideFlyer (it took about three days for me) it's no longer Randy's (or anyone else at IF's) problem. The Starwood>Qantas transfer can take up to 8 weeks, just be patient and realize it takes a while. In my case, I had 300k miles post, and the rest didn't post for another 6 weeks. But now they're all safe!
Old Jul 18, 2002, 3:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Wel, beefore yoo get to upset and write to complane too Randy, Starwood and Qantas, doo learn to spel Q-A-N-T-A-S, backitupmax.</font>
Well, that's just lovely!

It's a joke!
Old Jul 18, 2002, 7:28 am

If you go to www.quantas.com - you end up at the qantas website. They seem to be hooked on phonics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.