Old May 27, 1999, 11:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k
Clickmiles and Disney Club Blast

Has anyone gotten the 250 clickmile bonus for signing up with Disney's
Club Blast (the 30 day trial)? It's not clear from the language
whether you get the points for taking the trial or whether you
have to stick around and become a paying member.
I was hoping to get it tripled but it doesn't look like I'll be seeing
points by May 31.
Old May 28, 1999, 1:00 am

Programs: United, AA
I was told its going to take 2 weeks to get clickmiles posted. I'm still waiting and let you know when I get 'em
Old May 28, 1999, 1:01 am

I finally got the points, and it was after numerous emails to Disney Club Blast and to clickrewards.

For a good laugh, take a look at this exchange of unedited emails (other than account numbers) I got from them... Note: I didn't enclose them all as I had deleted some of them...

Amazing!

To: Disney Club Blast

I signed up for Disney's Club Blast on (xxxxx) and still have not received my 250 'ClickRewards' for signing up.

I signed up with this promotion:
http://www.clickrewards.com/offers/clubblast.html

Please let me know when I should expect to receive those points.

My username on Blast is xxxxx(edited)
33-64 Megs
100-200 Mhz
Windows 95/98
--------------------------------------------
Hello Steven,

Thank you for your letter.

Please forward your request to the proper source (Clickrewards) as this is the Disney's Club Blast(SM) support group.

In order to ensure a quick response, please continue to utilize the 'Contact Us' online support forms.

Please remember Disney's Club Blast(SM) changes daily. Click on "help" on the Disney's Club Blast homepage to find instant answers to your questions.

Thank You,
Chuck
Disney's Club Blast Member Service
Category: 002B
-------------------------------------------------
To: ClickRewards
I signed up for the Disney Blast promotion, but when I did, there didn't seem to be any mention of Clickrewards or place to put in that I would be getting the points. (This is in contrast to other merchants which I have utilized).

See: https://www.clickrewards.com/offers/clubblast.html

How do I make sure that I am going to get credited for this promotion?

Sincerely,
Steven Meyers
---------
Subject: "Re: How to get points for this promotion?"

Dear Valued ClickRewards Member,
Thank You for your email message.
I apologize for any confusion this offer may have caused. ClickMiles should be deposited into your account by Disney.

Below I am enclosing the promotional information so that you can review the conditions and determine if your purchase qualified. If it has, please follow the directions listed below.
-------------------------
To: Disney Club Blast

I did and they said to contact you...
Please assist (or forward this to the right group at Disney Blast.)
Sincerely,
Steve
Hello Steve,

Thank you for your letter.
As stated in the previous e-mail, Disney's Club Blast(SM) has no affiliation with the "Click Rewards" program so any inquires about this service would need to be directed towards the proper source.
Thank You,
Chuck
Disney Online Member Services
Category: 002B
---------------------------------------------
To: '[email protected]'

Yes, you do have an affiliation with ClickRewards.....

see: http://www.clickrewards.com/offers/clubblast.html

They say to talk to you, and you say to talk to them.. Please escalate this immediately to you senior management.

A very disgruntled customers,
Steve Meyers

HELP!

I contacted Disney and they said to contact you! Please, somebody assist me here.... (I also called the number that you left for Disney and they said that I need to contact Clickrewards... So, it is back to you..

Here is a copy of the email that I sent Disney, with their response. I'm in a catch-22, please assist.

Sincerely,
Steven Meyers

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns and we apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused.

I apologize for the delay in awarding your ClickMiles. We have contacted the Disney Store Online about this issueand are waiting to hear back. Disney must deposit the miles into your account. We will notify you when we have an answer for you.

HELP! HELP!

They are now telling me that Disney Club Blast is not affiliated with Click Rewards!

Please assist! Look at this chain of emails.... this is crazy. You guys say to call them, they say to call you.... Is this for real?

-Steve

Thank You for your email message.

I am very sorry for the confusion that has occurred and for any inconvenience this matter has caused.

I am very sorry for the extended delay in having your Disney Store Online miles awarded to your account. We are still working on resolving your situation with Disney. As a way of saying thank you for your patience, I will be adding 100 ClickMiles to your account. We hope to have this resolved soon.

Sincerely,
Nadra
[This message has been edited by steve100 (edited 05-28-99).]
Old May 28, 1999, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's probably due to all resouces of the Walt Disney Company being diverted to the Disney/Katzenburg trial, and the "austerity program" that is sure to follow. I have no experience with ClickMiles, nor do I want to have any. But as for The Mouse, speaking from total and complete expertise...Good Luck! But don't quote me on that.
Old May 28, 1999, 5:45 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Steve100, do you mind if I just save a lot of time and send Clickrewards your entire post with only the word Ditto added...or even better, I'll e-mail them this thread.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 05-28-99).]
Old May 28, 1999, 3:01 pm

Oh great, so this is what I should expect while waiting for a similar 250 MyPoints offer to be posted? Thanks for the warning.
Old May 28, 1999, 5:19 pm

After that many emails, I would just saw the heck with it, and Disney won't be seeing much of me in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.