Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham completely messed it up but refuses to do anything. What should I do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham completely messed it up but refuses to do anything. What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:26 pm
SYL
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fyd
I had a similar issue with a Wyndham property that said they couldn't provide an itemized bill because it was booked and prepaid via Wyndham. At the time I thought the staff didn't know what they were doing.
Based on this OP report, I'd think that they do have a system issue were the central reservation system doesn't transfer the transaction detail to the property system... Given other Wyndham system issues I have encountered, this wouldn't be a surprise.
Exactly.

I'm very disappointed not really because they've got a bug in their system. I am because they don't even bother looking into that. They think getting a robot replying and pushing all the liability to their franchised property is good enough.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:20 am
SYL
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbAA
Staying at a Super 8. Second one was: staying at a Wyndham property at all. Couldn't find a nice HIX? Wyndham's CS makes IHG's look good.

Don't dispute the CC charge, just send that charge statment/info to your accounting dept.

Oh yeah, welcome to FT.
Thanks for the reply!

my accounting department initially couldn't process it only with the CC charge info alone because their routine procedure was to check the folio:

Room rate $67.99, tax $7.82, CC charge $75.81, balance $0, no room upgrade, no spa, no mini bar, no other unjustifiable charges.

Now, my late confirmation email only shows the $67.99 room rate. No tax. No total. Just room rate. But my folio and my CC info show I paid $75.81, without a charge breakdown. So my accounting folks might have asked: is that extra $7.82 tax? Or that's a bottle of water and tax?

Of course the reimbursement eventually got straightened out. In the first place, I wrote this post not only because I did not have the reimbursement approved, but also because I was really annoyed by Wyndham simply decided to do nothing to my FIVE emails.

Last edited by SYL; Oct 17, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SYL
Thanks for the reply!

my accounting department initially couldn't process it without CC charge info alone because their routine procedure was to check the folio:

Room rate $67.99, tax $7.82, CC charge $75.81, balance $0, no room upgrade, no spa, no mini bar, no other unjustifiable charges.

Now, my late confirmation email only shows the $67.99 room rate. No tax. No total. Just room rate. But my folio and my CC info show I paid $75.81, without a charge breakdown. So my accounting folks might have asked: is that extra $7.82 tax? Or that's a bottle of water and tax?

Of course the reimbursement eventually got straightened out. In the first place, I wrote this post not only because I did not have the reimbursement approved, but also because I was really annoyed by Wyndham simply decided to do nothing to my FIVE emails.
I'm confused about what sort of confirmation email you got. All my Super 8 confirmation emails show the breakdown of room rate, taxes, total. (Were those fields missing, or blank, or wrong values, on yours?)

In fact, because of bug with Firefox not printing reservation confirmations from the WR website correctly (missing the first handful of lines always), in the case of WR reservations it's the confirmation emails I always print out and take with me (in case the hotel doesn't see the reservation or sees a different rate, or has happened to me once before in another program, if the hotel just had a power failure and can only check you in immediately if you have proof of your reservation including confirmation number with you).

So IMHO if you get a confirmation email (or printable confirmation page) that doesn't show rate/taxes/total breakdown, maybe you should cancel at that point and book somewhere else, if it's a business stay where you will need that proof. If your confirmation email doesn't break that down, it could be because the hotel's interface to the central reservations system is screwed up, not the central reservation system itself, and in that case it's just likely to lead to the other problems you ran into.

I've never seen a confirmation email from a WR reservation that didn't show room rate/taxes/total breakdown, but if I did, it'd either cancel or complain to WR instantly after seeing that.

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 17, 2017 at 12:52 pm
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:48 pm
SYL
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'm confused about what sort of confirmation email you got. All my Super 8 confirmation emails show the breakdown of room rate, taxes, total. (Were those fields missing, or blank, or wrong values, on yours?)

In fact, because of bug with Firefox not printing reservation confirmations from the WR website correctly (missing the first handful of lines always), in the case of WR reservations it's the confirmation emails I always print out and take with me (in case the hotel doesn't see the reservation or sees a different rate, or has happened to me once before in another program, if the hotel just had a power failure and can only check you in immediately if you have proof of your reservation including confirmation number with you).

So IMHO if you get a confirmation email (or printable confirmation page) that doesn't show rate/taxes/total breakdown, maybe you should cancel at that point and book somewhere else, if it's a business stay where you will need that proof. If your confirmation email doesn't break that down, it could be because the hotel's interface to the central reservations system is screwed up, not the central reservation system itself, and in that case it's just likely to lead to the other problems you ran into.

I've never seen a confirmation email from a WR reservation that didn't show room rate/taxes/total breakdown, but if I did, it'd either cancel or complain to WR instantly after seeing that.
Wouldn't mind showing you and others the email... and the folio.

Did you notice the email was sent on Aug 23, the day I checked in? Because as I mentioned, their system had another bug...

I didn't receive any confirmation after I clicked the "reserve" button. Not after five minutes. Not after a day. I called the central reservation. They said my reservation was on file, but DUE TO TECHNICAL REASONS THEY COULD NOT SEND IT TO ME VIA EMAIL. The reservation did not appear in my Wyndham Rewards profile, either.

After God knows how many rounds of phone calls they were finally able to send me one, a few hours before I arrived.
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.