Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham web is nightmare to cancel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2001, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Wyndham web is nightmare to cancel

Just a little vent here.I made a reservation on the Wyndham web site for February, a Saturday night with a low rate. My circumstances changed and went to cancel, the web site would't let me cancl, called wyndham they said call the hotel, the hotel gave me back to reservations, they said it was a clickit rate that they could not cancel, gave me the help desk , she said she could't cancel the reservation I have to call the corporate office tomorrow and talk to Mr Weston during regular business hours and maybe he can cancel the reservation. This was a simle reservation straight off there web site, I have the email confirmation and copy of the screen to prove it.

How Absurb!

Thanks for listening
Old Jan 31, 2001, 11:56 am

Dear GM99,

I wanted to follow-up with you on the problem your experienced canceling a reservation. I apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustration.

If you don't mind, I would like to get some additional information from you in order to investigate this problem. Which hotel did you attempt to cancel? Do you remember the message that the site returned to you when you attempted to cancel? And where you able to contact Mr. Weston to help you?

Thank you for your feedback. Wyndham would like to earn your trust and loyalty.

Sincerely,

Michael B. Wylie
Sr. Director eBusiness
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Old Jan 31, 2001, 12:45 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wyndam eBiz -

Nice first post!

Welcome to FT! And thanks for offering your help
Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton G/SPG G/IHG RA/Accor P/Aeroplan Elite/CZ S
I'm also trying to cancel one reservation and found out that WyndhamRewards website unexpectedly does NOT have a cancellation function. What a website! This is so funny that I have to call to cancel a hotel reservation.

I'm quite sure that there was a cancellation option existed before WyndhamRewards updated the website. Why bother to remove it???
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:28 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this discussion is specific to the Wyndham brand, please follow as the thread moves to the dedicated Wyndham forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:37 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by cdegt
I'm also trying to cancel one reservation and found out that WyndhamRewards website unexpectedly does NOT have a cancellation function. What a website! This is so funny that I have to call to cancel a hotel reservation.

I'm quite sure that there was a cancellation option existed before WyndhamRewards updated the website. Why bother to remove it???
Hello, there actually is an option to cancel a reservation on wyndhamrewards.com. You need to 'Retrieve your Reservation' in order to cancel. This is the page - https://wr.wyndhamrewards.com/Wyndha...ieval?variant= You also should see a 'cancel' option within your reservation confirmation email. I hope that helps.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
And for anyone who didn't notice - the first 3 posts of this thread are from 2001 - and were resurrected from who knows where in the FT archives.

Thankfully, we have a modern day answer to this situation. ^
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Hello, there actually is an option to cancel a reservation on wyndhamrewards.com. You need to 'Retrieve your Reservation' in order to cancel. This is the page - https://wr.wyndhamrewards.com/Wyndha...ieval?variant= You also should see a 'cancel' option within your reservation confirmation email. I hope that helps.
I know this is an old thread, but there still is NO cancellation option "within the reservation confirmation email." That is unacceptable customer service in 2015.

However, if you go to the Wyndham website, you will find a box on the left side of the home page to retrieve your reservation if you enter your name and confirmation number. Unfortunately, I tried the Chrome and Firefox browsers and there is no option to cancel your reservation on the next page after you retrieve your reservation. I was able to find that option, however, when I switched to the Internet Explorer browser. Near the bottom of the page, there is a line you can click on to cancel your reservation and best of all, it works. When you click on that line, you will get a new page with the cancellation confirmation, along with the confirmation number to prove you canceled. Just be sure to print or convert that page to a PDF file and you're all set!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:39 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it along to the appropriate parties to be looked into.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Originally Posted by DCBob
I know this is an old thread, but there still is NO cancellation option "within the reservation confirmation email." That is unacceptable customer service in 2015.

However, if you go to the Wyndham website, you will find a box on the left side of the home page to retrieve your reservation if you enter your name and confirmation number. Unfortunately, I tried the Chrome and Firefox browsers and there is no option to cancel your reservation on the next page after you retrieve your reservation. I was able to find that option, however, when I switched to the Internet Explorer browser. Near the bottom of the page, there is a line you can click on to cancel your reservation and best of all, it works. When you click on that line, you will get a new page with the cancellation confirmation, along with the confirmation number to prove you canceled. Just be sure to print or convert that page to a PDF file and you're all set!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
RE: Cancelling Reservation

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it along to the appropriate parties to be looked into.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
I retrieved my reservation in Chrome but could not find the cancel button. I found this thread and tried Explore. Still no luck. Called the toll free reservation number and was able to cancel. I asked the agent why I could not find a cancel button. He told me that you cannot cancel on Wyndhamrewards.com but can cancel at Wyndham.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.