Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham has an F with the BBB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
And the ratings this year? (Kinda nice to see the running trend with the various brands.)
Old May 20, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SamirD
And the ratings this year? (Kinda nice to see the running trend with the various brands.)
Thanks for asking!

Hyatt has risen from B+ to A-.

Starwood and Marriott still have A+'s.

Hilton's rating is still "being reviewed".

And, two years after I started this thread, Wyndham's rating is <drum roll>
Still an F.

Surprised? I'm not.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Time for seasonal updates:

Starwood still has its A+.

Marriott has dropped to a C- for failing to respond to nine complaints. Over the life of this thread, we've seen that happen before, and they've recovered. (Conclusion: the rating is very sensitive to even very small numbers of unaddressed complaints.)

Hilton has no rating because they're "in the process of responding to previously closed complaints". (Wyndham tried that some time ago - it didn't help.)

Hyatt seems to have vanished from the BBB website(s) entirely. I'll keep checking on it.

And....

As it has for at least the 2.5 years this thread has been around, Wyndham retains it's F. Other than Hyatt's, all of the links in the original post are still working.

Last edited by milestraveler; Oct 4, 2015 at 8:56 am
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:13 am

Well, at least they're consistent?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Well, at least they're consistent?
But that might only because there's presumably no F- or F+. So it's easier to be consistent with an F than with any other grade.

But to be fair, the grade lumps together everything that Wyndham does. I bet a fair amount of that "F" has always come from that non-hotel program they try to pitch you so often (say, after every booking you make online).
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Three years later...

Hilton is up to a B.
Hyatt A-.
Starwood A+.
Marriott F. (As with the 'C' in October, mostly for failure to respond.)

And...

Wyndham F. Three years running.

The links in the original post still work.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Progress?

Posting an early update since there have been some changes.

Hyatt, Hilton, and Starwood all have A+!!

Marriott still has an F.

And Wyndham has no rating for now, supposedly because they're in the process of responding to closed complaints. They tried that two years ago, in August 2014, and it didn't help. Let's see if they're more attentive now.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:14 am
Original Poster

They made some progress! Wyndham is now up to a D-!!!

Marriott is in the "no rating" state, while they respond to older complaints. Everyone else still has an A+.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Four year progress report

After their supposed effort to respond to old complaints last fall, Wyndham is still only up to a D-.

Marriott had notably more success with their remediation efforts: they moved from an F to an A+.

Hyatt, Hilton, and Starwood still have A+'s.

I started this thread in 2013 in hopes that Wyndham corporate would begin to take more ownership of issues arising at individual properties. Now I'm doubting that they'll ever change.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by milestraveler
I started this thread in 2013 in hopes that Wyndham corporate would begin to take more ownership of issues arising at individual properties. Now I'm doubting that they'll ever change.
From what we saw as a franchisee, they simply push off the internal problems with their systems that cause customers grief to their franchisees. I know at least $2k was taken to us that was not warranted. I'm glad we're done with them. The brand we were a franchisee for was much better managed by the previous companies and I'm the founder of the brand would be ashamed that it carries his name if he saw what has happened to it.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I consider BBB ratings to be about the least important, most meaningless ratings out there.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I consider BBB ratings to be about the least important, most meaningless ratings out there.
They do a pretty good job of indicating how well a company responds to issues successfully.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
They do a pretty good job of indicating how well a company responds to issues successfully.
Read and/or watch this video about the BBB:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/busine...ry?id=12123843
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Read and/or watch this video about the BBB:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/busine...ry?id=12123843
Wow, I change my mind about the BBB. They were on the downhill slide, but now they're just trying to milk out of the brand before it goes defunct. Online reviews seemed to have taken their business market.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Wow, I change my mind about the BBB. They were on the downhill slide, but now they're just trying to milk out of the brand before it goes defunct. Online reviews seemed to have taken their business market.
It definitely did... for sure. TripAdvisor or similar for the most part has a bunch of real reviews. Many with cell phone photos that show a more REAL look of what you can expect. Let's be honest Wyndham(and every other hotel) takes perfect pictures and post them. Even if you are staying at a very nice hotel it doesn't look like that.

And the BBB hounds people and threatens bad reviews. Sells a 'fix' if you get a bad rating. Etc. It's a joke at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.