Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help, my hair stylist quit!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Help, my hair stylist quit!

Ok, you are the most sophisticated women I know. Help me out with this situation.

I have the most wonderful hairstylist. She is a hair genius. Today I get the phone call from the salon, she has quit, and I have been rescheduled with someone else.

What's the etiquette on getting the salon to cough up my stylist's last name (I only know her first name) and contact info? If she's setting up on her own, I want to be her client.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:18 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Any idea how long ago she left? Did she have your name and contact info? When my stylists have left for different shops, they've always sent me a letter with the address and phone for her new salon. Keeping clients is so important to them, I would be surprised if a letter or call won't be to you soon. It sounds like the salon is simply trying to beat her to the punch by rescheduling all her clients with someone there.

Otherwise, you could call in a few days and see if you get a receptionist who likes to chat. She may not mind telling you where she went, assuming she knows.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

It must have been last night or this morning, because I treated my daughter to a cut with her yesterday. She didn't say anything to my daughter, so I'm guessing this was not a planned change.

I hope she has my info, but I don't know.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 2:09 pm

I have a hunch that she might contact you especially if she is going into business for herself. If she doesn't, I'd go to the scheduled appointment and come right out and ask if they know where she went. And if you don't want to keep that appointment I'd still call and ask although I'd be prepared for them to say that they don't know.

My hair stylist left but I stayed with the same salon.

Bobette
Old Jul 3, 2009, 5:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

I had a similar situation a few months back. I persuaded the old salon owner to give me the cell phone number of my stylist. Voila, I have moved with her to her new salon. She is a gem, and I would be severely disappointed to lose her.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
If the owner won't provide your old stylist's infor, try asking one of the other stylists.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:20 pm

Also, don't feel bad in asking about her. Almost all ads state, "Wanted - stylist with following." Whoever they hire to replace here, likely will be someone expected to bring people from his/her current salon. Nothing to feel awkward about in you wanting to follow your stylist.

Jeff
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wrxmom
If the owner won't provide your old stylist's infor, try asking one of the other stylists.
Actually, if the owner won't accommodate you by giving you a way to contact her, you might reconsider going to that salon. That to me is unprofessional especially if you have been a client of theirs for some time. I personally would not recommend going to someone at the salon simply because you were "reassigned" especially if you color or perm your hair.

Perhaps someone else at the salon will know how to reach her like another hair stylist? If you really want to find this stylist, if the salon offers a manicure, make an appointment and get one. Then while there, find out from anyone (other hairstylist, shampooer, manicurist, receptionist) how to reach your stylist.

That said, I still think you will hear from her.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, all! I called the salon and they graciously gave me her contact info, no questions asked. Crisis averted!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Katja
Thanks, all! I called the salon and they graciously gave me her contact info, no questions asked. Crisis averted!
Glad to hear that. If they hadn't have done that, it indeed would have been very unprofessional.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

Excellent news, Katja. Thanks for updating us.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:14 am

That is wonderful. It would be terrible to lose your great hair stylist.

Bobette
Old Jul 15, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've lost mine, but due to me relocating to the Midwest from the LA area. I've asked him to provide me his 'recipe' for coloring my hair & will call different salons to see who carries the same brand/has a good reputation. He also suggested calling the concierge at an upscale hotel (there aren't that many of them!) to see who they recommend. When possible, although it won't always be, I'll try to coordinate needed LA biz trips w/ seeing him/having him do my hair again. But I will need to find a local source.

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I've lost mine, but due to me relocating to the Midwest from the LA area. I've asked him to provide me his 'recipe' for coloring my hair & will call different salons to see who carries the same brand/has a good reputation. He also suggested calling the concierge at an upscale hotel (there aren't that many of them!) to see who they recommend. When possible, although it won't always be, I'll try to coordinate needed LA biz trips w/ seeing him/having him do my hair again. But I will need to find a local source.

Cheers.
I hope you find someone good in MI. I know that when I lived in Chicago for 2 years, I actually flew to NYC to get my hair done so that I could stay with my stylist.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redhead
I hope you find someone good in MI. I know that when I lived in Chicago for 2 years, I actually flew to NYC to get my hair done so that I could stay with my stylist.
Ditto that.

Redhead, I guess that's the way to pile up the frequent flyer miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.