Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Hey Ladies, what piece of travel clothing have you been most complimented on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hey Ladies, what piece of travel clothing have you been most complimented on?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2023, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I know they're India based- I wrote that - but I use THEIR size & measurement charts. If they can't fit their own size/measurement charts, how do they expect me to make them work??

When I ordered from Laughing Cherries a couple years ago, I was also very concerned the sizes wouldn't fit - they're also based in India, though since their claim to fame is caftans, slightly different scenario - but I've bought caftans in Asia that don't fit my american body....Anyway - Laughing Cherries amazing fit, no problems with bust fit in what I bought there.

And now I want another LC caftan.....
Now I have to go look at Laughing Cherries...
gretchendz and Hoyaheel like this.
Old May 11, 2023, 5:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Now I have to go look at Laughing Cherries...
I have the Mauve I Wanna Fly Style Caftan in Perfectly Paisley and Teal Spiral V-Neck, Ankle Length, Cinched Waist - they do take some time to ship (they did back then) - I ordered Dec 29 2020 and they arrived Feb 4 2021. $30 and $35, shipping was included.
Old May 19, 2023, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
I love caftans, much more than I should. I used to take one of Natalie Martin's silk Isobel caftans everywhere with me - france, indonesia, greece, LA....until my husband put his foot down and told me to stop wearing pajamas to dinner. Thanks for the reminder - I'm gonna dig it out for my Croatia trip. next month!
willoL likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 10:55 pm

Mine is long and flowy dresses and bright colors. If not a dress, I usually wear a co-ord set and sneakers. It feels so comfy and fashionable at the same time.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Am back from my 3 week trip with my 10 kg carry on. It was rough - but one item I ended up using daily was the escama clutch that some wonderful person mentioned on this thread awhile ago. That thing was awesome! I took it from beach to black-tie ball, London to Plitvice, it was perfect for my phone, sunglasses, lip balm and eyedrops etc. I did end up adding a small bag strap that I had from a phone case, which increased the versatility from clutch to cross body. Escama actually makes one but they were sold out. Europe is crazy busy and I'd avoid it this summer if you can!
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Originally Posted by QT31415
Am back from my 3 week trip with my 10 kg carry on. It was rough - but one item I ended up using daily was the escama clutch that some wonderful person mentioned on this thread awhile ago. That thing was awesome! I took it from beach to black-tie ball, London to Plitvice, it was perfect for my phone, sunglasses, lip balm and eyedrops etc. I did end up adding a small bag strap that I had from a phone case, which increased the versatility from clutch to cross body. Escama actually makes one but they were sold out. Europe is crazy busy and I'd avoid it this summer if you can!
That was me! Glad you liked it -- it's really an incredible little clutch/wallet/crossbody bag and amazingly versatile. For anyone else, the strap from Escama is nice and doesn't look cheap, even though it is inexpensive.
gretchendz and QT31415 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
At a wedding last weekend, I complimented a lady on her wonderful dress and she said, ”Have you ever heard of ‘eshakti’ ?”

Now that I’ve seen something from eshakti in person, I’m even more intrigued.

But … too busy traveling this month to even think about a new order. I barely got my annual bra purchases made at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale between flights, and that’s “reorder same size, sale colors” of well loved styles by Natori and Chantelle.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by willoL
At a wedding last weekend, I complimented a lady on her wonderful dress and she said, ”Have you ever heard of ‘eshakti’ ?”

Now that I’ve seen something from eshakti in person, I’m even more intrigued.
Let me know if you want a promo code!
Old Sep 14, 2023, 3:16 am

For a travel capsule wardrobe that pops, try adding statement clothing items such as a colorful or unique top, a bold jacket, or a textured skirt. Jewelry can also be used to make a statement, such as chunky necklaces or earrings. Consider bringing versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched with other items, and remember comfort and ease of packing.

Last edited by Marysmith0901; Sep 15, 2023 at 1:08 am
Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't change what she wears when traveling....I bring the same shirts, jeans, pants, skirt and shoes everywhere. It might also be the length of my trips, but I can make four button down shirts, two sweaters, two pairs of jeans, three tshirts, one pair of black pants and two pairs of shoes last 10 days. My wardrobe might change depending on season - switch out jeans for skirt/skorts. I do like the idea of the vivienne project, but I am not going to spend money to buy something specific for travel. I'm impressed at the depth and range of things I'm seeing posted.

So, rarely am I complimented on anything I'm wearing except perhaps for my fine taste in converse or jewelry.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Oh, I don't have a separate wardrobe for travel either. But I'm far more likely to buy clothing I want to travel in, anyway, even if I'm wearing it to work too. I don't wear jeans very much. Hate for travel, don't wear around town or for work either.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Oh, I don't have a separate wardrobe for travel either. But I'm far more likely to buy clothing I want to travel in, anyway, even if I'm wearing it to work too. I don't wear jeans very much. Hate for travel, don't wear around town or for work either.
It isn't that I have a separate wardrobe for travel, but that I know which pieces of my regular wardrobe work best together to create a smaller (capsule) wardrobe that maximizes combinations out of a minimal set of pieces.

I am not a natural minimalist, but I can pack like one when I am going to be carrying my own bag and want to keep the weight down.
travelmad478, Hoyaheel and ysolde like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
When I travel, I tend to pack my favorite pieces of clothing that work best together, the clothes I look and feel best in at all times. So I suppose it is sort of a mini capsule,
Old Sep 17, 2023, 11:30 am

My only travel-specific purchase requirement is finding a rain jacket (usually Eddie Bauer or REI) with an inner zip pocket big enough for a passport. As a general rule, my big leisure trips are autumn to spring, not in the summer, and a lightweight rain jacket is something I always take along.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
My only travel-specific purchase requirement is finding a rain jacket (usually Eddie Bauer or REI) with an inner zip pocket big enough for a passport. As a general rule, my big leisure trips are autumn to spring, not in the summer, and a lightweight rain jacket is something I always take along.
I've had a trusty burberry short trench with hood that I took to my tailor to have a zippered internal pocket added into the lining. She's added invisible zippers to many a pant pocket also. I find it's easier to adapt a piece of clothing to travel rather than buying travel-specific clothes, and secure pockets are a must!
Kestrel and tcl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.