FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Safeway Air Miles Christmas bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/894578-safeway-air-miles-christmas-bonus.html)

tcook052 Dec 1, 2008 9:05 pm

Safeway Air Miles Christmas bonus

Being a good AM collector I'd signed up some time ago for Safeway's email "specials", took their 100 AM's and have used a few of the offers. The deal however has gotten a little sweeter this week with an add-on to the regular weekly offer email that clicked through to a separate Xmas offer. On this screen you clicked on one of about 20 boxes and whatever that box revealed you could print as a coupon for use this week. My first choice yielded only 5X the regular AM's on min. $60 spend but not being satisfied and not being stopped by the technology, I went back through to the homepage and kept trying until I found one offer more to my liking; 25X the AM's! There are a lot of exclusions to be sure including GC's, other AM offers like Customer Appreciation Day, prescriptions, diabetes supplies, tobacco products and a few others but getting 75 AM's instead of the standard base of 3, one for every $20 spent, a decent deal. Now to figure out how much to spend and on what...:D

CanuckFlyHigh Dec 2, 2008 9:17 am

Awesome thanks! It took about 20 tries, but I got it!

Gordooo Dec 2, 2008 10:09 am

I also didn't take 5x as the final answer, got the 25x after several tries and printed the coupon more than once. Suppose those are loopholes that will be filled next week if the "contest" continues, now that they've been revealed?

justaname Dec 2, 2008 10:11 am

I must be stupid as I cannot figure this out

CanuckFlyHigh Dec 2, 2008 10:21 am

Just click on the gift, if it gives you anything but 25x, click exit, and then back on your browser button and do it again. I clicked on the same gift until it came up!

airbus320 Dec 2, 2008 3:16 pm

^ Thanks

Cloud Lounger Dec 2, 2008 6:32 pm

Im off to Winnipeg this weekend. I guess I'll be doing a bit of shopping at Safeway for Winnipeg Harvest.

Elli Dec 2, 2008 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh (Post 10843350)
Just click on the gift, if it gives you anything but 25x, click exit, and then back on your browser button and do it again. I clicked on the same gift until it came up!

Sorry, but I can't find "gift" - tried the home page and other links, and just couldn't get to it. Any advice?

CanuckFlyHigh Dec 2, 2008 10:45 pm

rather than try to explain, here is the coupon for 25X airmiles! just print it off.

Courtesy of RFD

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25xamni9.jpg

Gordooo Dec 3, 2008 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Elli (Post 10847043)
Sorry, but I can't find "gift" - tried the home page and other links, and just couldn't get to it. Any advice?

Sign up for the direct e-mail offers from Safeway, get 100 AMs for signing up, and then watch your Inbox on Sunday mornings for weekly offers. Hopefully, this "contest" will be repeated next week.

Gordooo Dec 3, 2008 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger (Post 10846285)
Im off to Winnipeg this weekend. I guess I'll be doing a bit of shopping at Safeway for Winnipeg Harvest.

In addition to 25x AMs coupon above, Safeway flyer has Quaker Chewy Bars (or Oatmeal To Go Bars) on sale for $2.69. Buy 3 earn 50 AirMiles + get a PIN for 25 Aeroplan miles in each box. Make sure the boxes have the 25 Aeroplan offer on them, not all boxes do. Too bad the 50 AMs for Bars don't get included in the 25x.

justaname Dec 3, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks RFD. Now I am off to buy an obscene ammount of non perishables that I can stockpile. Canned ham and toilet paper here I come.

airbus320 Dec 3, 2008 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger (Post 10846285)

Safeway on Kenaston at Lindenwoods/Whyte Ridge has prepared packages of food for the Christmas Cheer Board. $ 5 or $ 10 packages.

Elli Dec 3, 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gordooo (Post 10849014)
Sign up for the direct e-mail offers from Safeway, get 100 AMs for signing up, and then watch your Inbox on Sunday mornings for weekly offers. Hopefully, this "contest" will be repeated next week.

Thanks, Gordooo, I did sign up for the direct e-mail offers quite a while ago, already deleted the last one I received before I saw this thread on FlyerTalk. Will watch for it next week.

Elli Dec 3, 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh (Post 10847385)
rather than try to explain, here is the coupon for 25X airmiles! just print it off.

Courtesy of RFD

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25xamni9.jpg

Thanks, CanuckFlyHigh, appreciate this.