Go Back   > > >

Old Dec 1, 08, 9:05 pm   #1
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

Safeway Air Miles Christmas bonus

Being a good AM collector I'd signed up some time ago for Safeway's email "specials", took their 100 AM's and have used a few of the offers. The deal however has gotten a little sweeter this week with an add-on to the regular weekly offer email that clicked through to a separate Xmas offer. On this screen you clicked on one of about 20 boxes and whatever that box revealed you could print as a coupon for use this week. My first choice yielded only 5X the regular AM's on min. $60 spend but not being satisfied and not being stopped by the technology, I went back through to the homepage and kept trying until I found one offer more to my liking; 25X the AM's! There are a lot of exclusions to be sure including GC's, other AM offers like Customer Appreciation Day, prescriptions, diabetes supplies, tobacco products and a few others but getting 75 AM's instead of the standard base of 3, one for every $20 spent, a decent deal. Now to figure out how much to spend and on what...
tcook052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 08, 9:17 am   #2

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Awesome thanks! It took about 20 tries, but I got it!
CanuckFlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 08, 10:09 am   #3

Programs: AP, NWA, AM, BW, HH
I also didn't take 5x as the final answer, got the 25x after several tries and printed the coupon more than once. Suppose those are loopholes that will be filled next week if the "contest" continues, now that they've been revealed?
Gordooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 08, 10:11 am   #4

I must be stupid as I cannot figure this out
justaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 08, 10:21 am   #5

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just click on the gift, if it gives you anything but 25x, click exit, and then back on your browser button and do it again. I clicked on the same gift until it came up!
Old Dec 2, 08, 3:16 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
airbus320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 08, 6:32 pm   #7

Im off to Winnipeg this weekend. I guess I'll be doing a bit of shopping at Safeway for Winnipeg Harvest.
Cloud Lounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 08, 8:57 pm   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
Just click on the gift, if it gives you anything but 25x, click exit, and then back on your browser button and do it again. I clicked on the same gift until it came up!
Sorry, but I can't find "gift" - tried the home page and other links, and just couldn't get to it. Any advice?
Elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 08, 10:45 pm   #9

rather than try to explain, here is the coupon for 25X airmiles! just print it off.

Courtesy of RFD

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25xamni9.jpg
Old Dec 3, 08, 8:45 am   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elli View Post
Sorry, but I can't find "gift" - tried the home page and other links, and just couldn't get to it. Any advice?
Sign up for the direct e-mail offers from Safeway, get 100 AMs for signing up, and then watch your Inbox on Sunday mornings for weekly offers. Hopefully, this "contest" will be repeated next week.
Old Dec 3, 08, 9:54 am   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger View Post
Im off to Winnipeg this weekend. I guess I'll be doing a bit of shopping at Safeway for Winnipeg Harvest.
In addition to 25x AMs coupon above, Safeway flyer has Quaker Chewy Bars (or Oatmeal To Go Bars) on sale for $2.69. Buy 3 earn 50 AirMiles + get a PIN for 25 Aeroplan miles in each box. Make sure the boxes have the 25 Aeroplan offer on them, not all boxes do. Too bad the 50 AMs for Bars don't get included in the 25x.
Old Dec 3, 08, 11:08 am   #12

Thanks RFD. Now I am off to buy an obscene ammount of non perishables that I can stockpile. Canned ham and toilet paper here I come.
justaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 08, 2:39 pm   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger View Post
Safeway on Kenaston at Lindenwoods/Whyte Ridge has prepared packages of food for the Christmas Cheer Board. $ 5 or $ 10 packages.
airbus320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 08, 4:20 pm   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordooo View Post
Sign up for the direct e-mail offers from Safeway, get 100 AMs for signing up, and then watch your Inbox on Sunday mornings for weekly offers. Hopefully, this "contest" will be repeated next week.
Thanks, Gordooo, I did sign up for the direct e-mail offers quite a while ago, already deleted the last one I received before I saw this thread on FlyerTalk. Will watch for it next week.
Old Dec 3, 08, 4:20 pm   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
rather than try to explain, here is the coupon for 25X airmiles! just print it off.

Courtesy of RFD

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25xamni9.jpg
Thanks, CanuckFlyHigh, appreciate this.