Wiki Posts
Search

SOT: Interlining Between TS and WJ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SOT: Interlining Between TS and WJ

On Aug 9, I will be flying TS219 BRU-YUL and then connect to WJ629 YUL-YVR. I know I'll have to retrieve my bags at YUL for the Canada Customs process, but wondering if TS in BRU can tag my bags all the way to YVR so I don't have to get a new sticker and tag at YU Land whether or not I can get my boarding pass in BRU without having to re-check in at YUL so it. Never connected between these two LCC so any ideas?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:29 pm

No, TS will not be able to check your bags through or issue a WS boarding pass.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
On Aug 9, I will be flying TS219 BRU-YUL and then connect to WJ629 YUL-YVR. I know I'll have to retrieve my bags at YUL for the Canada Customs process, but wondering if TS in BRU can tag my bags all the way to YVR so I don't have to get a new sticker and tag at YU Land whether or not I can get my boarding pass in BRU without having to re-check in at YUL so it. Never connected between these two LCC so any ideas?
You will have to check in at the WS booth in YUL to get your seat assignment and BP. At that time WS will tag your bag as well. TS in BRU will NOT be able to give you seat assignment on the WS flight.

Treat the flights as two separate trips and you will be fine. Try and combine through a nonexistent internline agreement and problems will arise.

FYI, TS in BRU can manually add your WS flight to the bag tags, but this will do no good as WS does not interline and therefore does not have a process to pick up cnx bags from another carrier. WS will only accept bags at the checkin counter or from a previous WS flight. *

* There is one exception in YVR but only a couple hundred people per year can avail themselves of this exception.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for all the quick responses. I'll have close to a 7 hr layover in YUL in between. So that is more than plenty to clear I&C, retrieve the bags and re-check them in at the WS counters.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 4:22 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I'll have close to a 7 hr layover in YUL in between. So that is more than plenty to clear I&C, retrieve the bags and re-check them in at the WS counters.
Man that's a long time.

I was going to suggest calling WS and/or TS and letting them know that you'd be connecting to/from one to the other so they can add comments in your file but that's one long layover. In the event that your bag doesn't make it I'd recommend always slipping a note into your bag that says where you originated from, where you connect through (if applicable), where you're destined to finish, airline(s), and flight numbers.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll do just that. And I might even head into town for a quick lunch and come back after checking in at the WS counters.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 7:28 am

Hopefully WS will let you check in that early. Would suck to have to drag suitcases around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.