FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   YYZ T3 tonight - lots of unhappy pax due to cancellations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/1966528-yyz-t3-tonight-lots-unhappy-pax-due-cancellations.html)

Vaclav Apr 22, 2019 8:18 pm

YYZ T3 tonight - lots of unhappy pax due to cancellations

Arrived 30 minutes early from BGI only to be told that my cnx 3537 was cancelled, no reason given. That was after a long wait to clear customs and in the cnx area. They gave me a dumpy hotel Crown Plaza that is under renovations. Rebooked for tomorrow 9 am. Not happy to miss a day of work. The weather is fine. Is Westjet getting worse than AC? Thinking of not renewing the RBC Westjet MC. To whom to complain at Westjet?

zappy312 Apr 23, 2019 4:54 am

ExpertFlyer shows the cancellation reason as follows:

​☨DTE CHNG FLT☨ ORIG 22APR
*WESTJET ENCORE
YYZ 1115P 3 B1C
YUL ☨ MAGATE 1242A
1FX CXL CREW CONTROLLABLE *1903*HDQOCA​​​​​​
You can complain to WS through social media channels or submit feedback on their website regarding the controllable delay and see what they say.

Vaclav Apr 23, 2019 5:12 am

Originally Posted by zappy312 (Post 31028127)
ExpertFlyer shows the cancellation reason as follows:

You can complain to WS through social media channels or submit feedback on their website regarding the controllable delay and see what they say.

Thanks, just did.

Vaclav Apr 26, 2019 8:50 am

Update: Westjet customer service replied fast - lots of reasoning why they did or did not do this and that and what was being offered in similar cases.

At the end, the affected pax got 100 Westjet dollars. Considering the major inconvenience and forced overnight stay, this is very measly.

This just confirms what I knew - loyalty as we knew does not exist any more. In other words - book solely based on price/convenience, not on loyalty to any particular airline.

I am not going to lose any more time asking them for anything.

Altaflyer Apr 29, 2019 3:53 pm

I've been avoiding Westjet since the beginning of the year and thankfully so given they just scrapped all YEG-YOW/YUL flights for the month of June and I would have been caught by that. They also scrapped YVR-YEG flights until 10 am on a weekday in May that I was flying - really - no flights to a 1 million plus centre until 10am??? They also no longer serve any fresh food on nearly 4 hour flights to YYZ.

YYCguy Apr 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer (Post 31050094)
They also no longer serve any fresh food on nearly 4 hour flights to YYZ.

I do believe YYC-YYZ-YYC is the exception to the 4 hour rule and fresh food is offered on that route.

Altaflyer Apr 29, 2019 4:56 pm

Yup so same length of flight to YEG = no food and therefore pick the full service airline Air Canada :)