FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   WestJet's First Trans-Atlantic Service & Summer 2014 Schedules (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/1543386-westjets-first-trans-atlantic-service-summer-2014-schedules.html)

jspira Jan 20, 2014 7:48 am

WestJet's First Trans-Atlantic Service & Summer 2014 Schedules

Just in from our newsroom: WestJet is adding Dublin and additional LAS flights

WestJet to Launch Trans-Atlantic and Vegas Flights

WestJet announced it will begin new trans-Atlantic service this summer. In addition, WestJet and WestJet Encore will begin additional new summer routes, increase frequency on various existing routes, and convert seasonal routes to year-round service….

<SNIP>

tracon Jan 20, 2014 8:38 am

This was announced a couple months ago.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...g-yyt-dub.html

jspira Jan 20, 2014 8:49 am

Originally Posted by tracon (Post 22187716)
This was announced a couple months ago.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westj...g-yyt-dub.html

Thanks for the heads up - WestJet just announced it in a news release today, for whatever it's worth.

CloudsBelow Jan 20, 2014 9:40 am

This is kind of a big deal. Nice work for Westjet.
Beefing up Ft McMurray a lot.

Can anyone detail the increases to PSP, LAX, LAS, FLL and PHX as mentioned in the release?
Wonder why WS wouldn't go into all the detail? I mean, it is their release - Do they pay by the word or something??

TheGreatestX Jan 20, 2014 4:47 pm

YEG-PHX no longer seasonal.

Altaflyer Jan 20, 2014 6:30 pm

But not daily in off season either....looks like twice a week.

StuMcIlwain Jan 20, 2014 6:33 pm

YOW-YWG is increasing from daily to twice daily on mainline aircraft, starting at the end of April.

YYZ-YQT is increasing from twice daily on mainline aircraft to four times daily on Encore, starting at the end of June.

YQT-YWG is increasing from daily on mainline aircraft to twice daily on Encore, starting at the end of June (but still no connections eastbound from the west coast!).

There must be other changes as well.

TheGreatestX Jan 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer (Post 22191059)
But not daily in off season either....looks like twice a week.

3X. Thurs, Sat, Sun.

TheGreatestX Jan 20, 2014 7:33 pm

YEG-LAS from 10 to 14/week

arf04 Jan 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Some welcome additions. Frequencies are a big reason why I don't book WS more. Often, it'll be the one direction where the connection is good (as in today when I flew SAN-YYC-YQR) but used UA on the way down due to a better sched. It'll be interesting to see how the new schedules shake out, but I'm sure more options will be possible.

Does anyone know if the US-AA merger is likely to result in more code shares? PHX would make for a great connecting city for the US west coast with more WS flights (and of course if AA maintains the service that US had there).

Altaflyer Jan 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by arf04 (Post 22191829)
Some welcome additions. Frequencies are a big reason why I don't book WS more. Often, it'll be the one direction where the connection is good (as in today when I flew SAN-YYC-YQR) but used UA on the way down due to a better sched. It'll be interesting to see how the new schedules shake out, but I'm sure more options will be possible.

Does anyone know if the US-AA merger is likely to result in more code shares? PHX would make for a great connecting city for the US west coast with more WS flights (and of course if AA maintains the service that US had there).

YEG already has 2 US (now AA) flights to PHX so hope they don't reduce those!

cedric Jan 20, 2014 10:43 pm

US has not partnered with WestJet, and likely will not. The FFPs are not being integrated for another year and a half; it's likely that US will remain a separate entity for at least that long. I doubt that WestJet is increasing PHX service with the intention of codesharing with AA, given AA's fairly weak presence at PHX.

sokolov Jan 21, 2014 1:42 am

Originally Posted by cedric (Post 22192234)
US has not partnered with WestJet, and likely will not. The FFPs are not being integrated for another year and a half; it's likely that US will remain a separate entity for at least that long. I doubt that WestJet is increasing PHX service with the intention of codesharing with AA, given AA's fairly weak presence at PHX.

There is interlining with US and codeshare with AA.

sokolov Jan 21, 2014 1:48 am

Can we please change the name of this thread?

Airlineroute reports several WS news:

A daily Calgary-Prince George service in summer.

As of Apr 27, Vancouver-Los Angeles will increase from 14 to 19 flights a week.

The summer service between Calgary and NYC will move from EWR to JFK.

As of May 12, there will be daily Encore service from Ft. McMurray to Kelowna as well as Vancouver.

As of June 24, there will be two flights a week between Ft. McMurray and Las Vegas. I'm not sure which endpoint of this route is worse.

YYCguy Jan 21, 2014 9:03 am

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 22192713)
As of June 24, there will be two flights a week between Ft. McMurray and Las Vegas. I'm not sure which endpoint of this route is worse.

I will be bidding to avoid operating this route come summertime!