Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Velocity Platinum American Express Card: Bonus 110000 points offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold

NOTE: The original offer has expired. However there is still 80000 points offer from American Express which you can access here:

Velocity Platinum American Express Card: Bonus 80000 points offer

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
American Express Australia have provided an offer for bonus of MASSIVE 110000 Velocity points if you apply and is approved by 30 September 2015, and spend $1000AUD within first 3 months of Card Membership.

You also get a free VA domestic flight as well per year on selected locations, not to mention 2 free VA Lounge passes annually.

It is a really good deal. The 110K bonus point is only available via referral.

You can apply it through the link HERE

Highlights

-110,000 extra Velocity Points when you apply by 30 September 2015, are approved and spend $1000 on your new1 Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership

You can earn up to 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases:

3 Velocity Points per dollar spent at
- Virgin Australia
- Tens of thousands of restaurants in Australia

2 Velocity Points per dollar spent at
- Airlines, accommodation, major cruise and tour operators paid directly or through travel agencies
- Spend in foreign currency when overseas and online

1 Velocity Point per dollar spent
- All other providers, excluding those below
- Insurances offered by American Express

0.5 Velocity Points per dollar spent
- Utilities which are gas, water and electricity providers
- Insurance offered by companies other than American Express
- Telecommunication providers which includes goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers
- Government bodies including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodies

Enjoy a complimentary Virgin Australia return domestic flight every anniversary year after your first Card spend in that year

Enjoy 2 complimentary single entry passes to the domestic Virgin Australia lounge each anniversary year at selected airports

Complimentary Domestic & International Travel Insurance

Card Type:Credit Card

Annual Fee:$349AUD p.a.

Supplementary Cards:You're entitled to add Supplementary Cards to your account with no annual fee6 so you can build your Points balance faster

NOTE: I do get 20K bonus for every successful applicant via this link.

Last edited by kamchatsky; Oct 10, 2015 at 12:43 pm Reason: Original offer expired
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: VAG
That seems like an unusually good deal. However,

> Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer

I've always been confused by these clauses. Is that *any* American Express-logo card, or only ones issued directly by American Express? I have a bank-issued Amex, am I ineligible?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by Jorgen

> Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer

I've always been confused by these clauses. Is that *any* American Express-logo card, or only ones issued directly by American Express? I have a bank-issued Amex, am I ineligible?
If you have a bank-issued card, it is not issued by "American Express Australia Limited" and you should be fine.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Another interesting thing is that with Velocity Krisflyer alliance, you can convert 110000 Velocity miles to 81481 Krisflyer miles, which allows you to fly from Australia 1 way Business to Europe, or 1 way A380 Suite class to Hong Kong or Tokyo via Singapore.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Kamchatsky you should probably disclose the 20k referral bonus you get personally for each person who uses your link
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Jorgen

It also works the other way - having had an American Express Card offered by Amex themselves doesn't prevent you getting eg. the sign-up bonus on a David Jones American Express card even though in that case your rewards are still Amex MR points accessed via the Amex company site. The only thing, somewhat bizarrely, is that if you already have an Amex ID you can't use that to register your DJAX card, you have to have a separate ID.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jozdemir
Kamchatsky you should probably disclose the 20k referral bonus you get personally for each person who uses your link
I did. At the bottom of the first post.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Hi-

Thank you for posting this, unfortunately I just applied for the card just under the 100k bonus.

I was wondering how you discovered this referral program? Was it in an email, or a hard copy or something? I would like to refer my friend if possible, but calling AMEX they say this program doesn't exist.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Hi-

Thank you for posting this, unfortunately I just applied for the card just under the 100k bonus.

I was wondering how you discovered this referral program? Was it in an email, or a hard copy or something? I would like to refer my friend if possible, but calling AMEX they say this program doesn't exist.
Login to your account, there will be an link somewhere to refer someone.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by goodo
Login to your account, there will be an link somewhere to refer someone.
That's what everyone says, but I don't see it! Maybe someone else can try and see if it is still there, or point me to where it should be if I am just dense.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:35 am

Ok I just logged in to my account. Scrolled all the way to the bottom, under more products and services is 'refer a friend'. A few clicks, enter your details and Bob's your uncle.

goodo
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:50 am

EDIT: Thank you goodo for going to that trouble for me. Now I see it. I guess I am just a moron. I had already gotten a response from AMEX as I state below, so I sorted it out. But thanks again.

I got a response from AMEX on the internal messaging system with this link where you can generate your referral URL. Then you have only the option to share it on FB, where you can grab it from.

My referral link

Like I said they denied this even existed when I called... I think they are trying to quietly stop this promotion as it appears very popular in the Australian message boards, and there are reports now that you have to contact AMEX with the last 4 digits of your referral's new card number to get the bonus (probably so people don't just get clicks from forums like this). Wish I had gotten the extra 10k but at least maybe my friend will get me 20k before the promotion ends at the end of the month.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
EDIT:
Wish I had gotten the extra 10k but at least maybe my friend will get me 20k before the promotion ends at the end of the month.
Well Good news CPMaverick! I just used your link and was approved so you should be gettting another 20k!

How long before I can reffer other people?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by sammow
Well Good news CPMaverick! I just used your link and was approved so you should be gettting another 20k!

How long before I can reffer other people?
Excellent! Thanks for that! Glad I put it in the thread then. ^

Once you get your card you can sign up for online services... then if you are smarter than me, you will find the refer a friend link at the bottom of the page right away.

Congrats on getting the card, the offer expires soon and it is a really good one! Just make sure you spend the $1000k to get your bonus...
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:24 am

Finally got my card! Hopefully someone can use my refferal link before the offer runs out on September 30th!

My referral link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.