FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Still no easy way to check Delta flight availability using Virgin Atlantic miles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/1969268-still-no-easy-way-check-delta-flight-availability-using-virgin-atlantic-miles.html)

WantsAmex May 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Still no easy way to check Delta flight availability using Virgin Atlantic miles?

A few years ago I redeemed my Virgin Atlantic points for a flight on Delta. To do this I had to call support and we spent 10-15 min on the phone finding an available date/time.

Is there still no way I can do this myself, online?

guv1976 May 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by WantsAmex (Post 31091150)
A few years ago I redeemed my Virgin Atlantic points for a flight on Delta. To do this I had to call support and we spent 10-15 min on the phone finding an available date/time.

Is there still no way I can do this myself, online?

I was able to check DL award-seat availability on the Virgin mobile app.

craigthemif May 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Certain routes you can. Many routes you can't...

WantsAmex May 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 31091159)
I was able to check DL award-seat availability on the Virgin mobile app.

how?

UKtravelbear May 11, 2019 7:05 pm

What route are you looking for? It's easier to get help the more information you give.

I booked a VS UC reward flight on DL metal and with the DL code last year for LHR-JFK-LHR via the VS app. Just like other flights it only showed up when there were rewards available.

It's just a normal search selecting the 'use miles' option.

WantsAmex May 11, 2019 8:37 pm

any of these routes:

EWR/JFK ---> CDG, GRU, EZE

Would be looking to redeem a first class ticket on any of these routes. I have the points, just can't find the availability

craigthemif May 12, 2019 5:05 am

Originally Posted by WantsAmex (Post 31091836)
any of these routes:

EWR/JFK ---> CDG, GRU, EZE

Would be looking to redeem a first class ticket on any of these routes. I have the points, just can't find the availability

I assume you actually mean Business Class, as it's no wonder that you can't find any First Class... ;)

Delta also don't operate international flights from EWR.

To use VS miles, your best chance is to search for point-to-point flights in cabins that Delta actually operates - i.e. JFK to CDG in Business Class because that flight exists - and to have substantial flexibility around when/where you want to travel.

WantsAmex May 12, 2019 7:00 am

I was looking for the equivalent of Delta One on these routes. I see it for JFK to GRU, so thats what im looking to redeem my points for

UKtravelbear May 12, 2019 7:07 am

Certainly for routes that VS dosen't fly on what you need to do is use the Delta website to search for rewards (JFK-GRU for example) and then phone VS to see of they can book them.

craigthemif May 12, 2019 9:53 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31092804)
Certainly for routes that VS dosen't fly on what you need to do is use the Delta website to search for rewards (JFK-GRU for example) and then phone VS to see of they can book them.

You can search for DL flights directly on the VS website - just not all routes.

And there's little point checking on the Skypesos website because they don't really do award charts any more - with their dynamic pricing you can't really tell what is available to partners...

Mrp Alert May 24, 2019 11:40 pm

expertflyer.com supports the searching. You have to call to book.

Theirin May 25, 2019 4:20 am

I've only seen a small number of non-JV Delta flights that are bookable online with miles on the VS site, but there are some. I booked one of them last year (flying in July this year).

theboss7593 Jun 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Booking Class for DL awards..

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert (Post 31136810)
expertflyer.com supports the searching. You have to call to book.

What booking class (with DL) am I looking for on EF for a Flying Club Reward on DL metal? Thanks

ijgordon Jun 27, 2019 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31093298)
And there's little point checking on the Skypesos website because they don't really do award charts any more - with their dynamic pricing you can't really tell what is available to partners...

Exactly, there is ALWAYS award availability to SkyMiles members for DL flights (that aren't completely sold out), it's just a function of what the award price is (one MEEELLION miles!). So wouldn't be helpful for partners.
I'm sure ExpertFlyer help would show what the booking inventory is for partner awards on DL flights.