Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Still no easy way to check Delta flight availability using Virgin Atlantic miles?

Still no easy way to check Delta flight availability using Virgin Atlantic miles?

Old May 11, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

A few years ago I redeemed my Virgin Atlantic points for a flight on Delta. To do this I had to call support and we spent 10-15 min on the phone finding an available date/time.

Is there still no way I can do this myself, online?
Old May 11, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
A few years ago I redeemed my Virgin Atlantic points for a flight on Delta. To do this I had to call support and we spent 10-15 min on the phone finding an available date/time.

Is there still no way I can do this myself, online?
I was able to check DL award-seat availability on the Virgin mobile app.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Certain routes you can. Many routes you can't...
Old May 11, 2019, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
I was able to check DL award-seat availability on the Virgin mobile app.
how?
Old May 11, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What route are you looking for? It's easier to get help the more information you give.

I booked a VS UC reward flight on DL metal and with the DL code last year for LHR-JFK-LHR via the VS app. Just like other flights it only showed up when there were rewards available.

It's just a normal search selecting the 'use miles' option.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

any of these routes:

EWR/JFK ---> CDG, GRU, EZE

Would be looking to redeem a first class ticket on any of these routes. I have the points, just can't find the availability

Last edited by WantsAmex; May 11, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Old May 12, 2019, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
any of these routes:

EWR/JFK ---> CDG, GRU, EZE

Would be looking to redeem a first class ticket on any of these routes. I have the points, just can't find the availability
I assume you actually mean Business Class, as it's no wonder that you can't find any First Class...

Delta also don't operate international flights from EWR.

To use VS miles, your best chance is to search for point-to-point flights in cabins that Delta actually operates - i.e. JFK to CDG in Business Class because that flight exists - and to have substantial flexibility around when/where you want to travel.
Old May 12, 2019, 7:00 am
Original Poster

I was looking for the equivalent of Delta One on these routes. I see it for JFK to GRU, so thats what im looking to redeem my points for
Old May 12, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Certainly for routes that VS dosen't fly on what you need to do is use the Delta website to search for rewards (JFK-GRU for example) and then phone VS to see of they can book them.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Certainly for routes that VS dosen't fly on what you need to do is use the Delta website to search for rewards (JFK-GRU for example) and then phone VS to see of they can book them.
You can search for DL flights directly on the VS website - just not all routes.

And there's little point checking on the Skypesos website because they don't really do award charts any more - with their dynamic pricing you can't really tell what is available to partners...
Old May 24, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
expertflyer.com supports the searching. You have to call to book.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:20 am

I've only seen a small number of non-JV Delta flights that are bookable online with miles on the VS site, but there are some. I booked one of them last year (flying in July this year).
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Booking Class for DL awards..

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
expertflyer.com supports the searching. You have to call to book.
What booking class (with DL) am I looking for on EF for a Flying Club Reward on DL metal? Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
And there's little point checking on the Skypesos website because they don't really do award charts any more - with their dynamic pricing you can't really tell what is available to partners...
Exactly, there is ALWAYS award availability to SkyMiles members for DL flights (that aren't completely sold out), it's just a function of what the award price is (one MEEELLION miles!). So wouldn't be helpful for partners.
I'm sure ExpertFlyer help would show what the booking inventory is for partner awards on DL flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.