Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by simpim
Is it true that Virgin Atlantic can only see NH availability 331 days out? My understanding was that NH releases award availability 355 days out, I can see award availability through AC but by the time it is 331 days before departure the availability will be gone... any work around for this?
No workaround. VS can only book at -331.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:22 pm

Is it true that Virgin Atlantic can only see NH availability 331 days out? My understanding was that NH releases award availability 355 days out, I can see award availability through AC but by the time it is 331 days before departure the availability will be gone... any work around for this?
Yes, it's true - only 331 days - and no, unfortunately there's no work around unless you have miles with other airlines.
not2017 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Yes, it's true - only 331 days - and no, unfortunately there's no work around unless you have miles with other airlines.
I have miles with Air Canada, so would it make sense to book the F seats that are available and then when it is 331 days before call VS, cancel my AC booking and book with VS? Any insight on whether the F seat is released and made available?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:38 am

I have miles with Air Canada, so would it make sense to book the F seats that are available and then when it is 331 days before call VS, cancel my AC booking and book with VS? Any insight on whether the F seat is released and made available?
In my experience F seats are made available pretty quickly but as always there's the possibility that they won't be. As long as Air Canada aren't going to charge a significant amount to cancel your reward booking I would be tempted to give it a go.
not2017 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:03 am

One my my flights I booked with Virgin Atlantic miles for a flight to Japan on ANA was cancelled.

It seems the award availability is not available on the day before or after the original flight. Does VS have the ability to request ANA open award space the way United would since they're in the same alliance, for example? I'm just wondering what my options are when I call.

Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
One my my flights I booked with Virgin Atlantic miles for a flight to Japan on ANA was cancelled.

It seems the award availability is not available on the day before or after the original flight. Does VS have the ability to request ANA open award space the way United would since they're in the same alliance, for example? I'm just wondering what my options are when I call.

Thanks.
unfortunately not

Edit - also they are NOT in the same alliance. Virgin isn’t part of any alliance, but has a partnership arrangement with ANA.

Their ability to rebook you will be dependent on existing award space.
not2017 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tofino87
unfortunately not

Edit - also they are NOT in the same alliance. Virgin isn’t part of any alliance, but has a partnership arrangement with ANA.

Their ability to rebook you will be dependent on existing award space.
Thanks. I realize they are not in the same alliance.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:32 pm

Apologies, read your post way too quickly!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by danpeake

If you work through this thread then you can find rare reports that people managed to do it. I recall one report that an VS agent managed to work out something with ANA and another that contacting ANA itself worked out. Those cases seem to be rather unicorns though. Everytime I've asked VS staff about it, they act like contacting ANA is impossible. Never tried to call ANA, but usually airlines like to point at the travel agency (VS) and act like they can't touch it. Of course airlines can and do change your ticket directly when they deem it necessary for their own benefit, but good luck trying to get them to help you. I can only assume in both cases you need to get very lucky to find someone that has the knowledge, compassion and necessary privileges to help you.
danpeake and not2017 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:33 pm

Is it possible to find 2 award seats in F or J from JFK to Tokyo? I read they only release 1 F and 1 J per flight?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by night718
Is it possible to find 2 award seats in F or J from JFK to Tokyo? I read they only release 1 F and 1 J per flight?
People have reported them popping up in the last couple of years - but I think it’s safe to say they disappear VERY quickly, when it does occur.

With the staged reopening of things, kind of a unicorn now, I think is almost fair to say.
not2017, IndyHoosier and night718 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by DesperateDan
I can see ANA award availability today 6/26 for 5/26 on United, though - that doesnt mean it's bookable on Virgin yet, then?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by tripmaster
I can see ANA award availability today 6/26 for 5/26 on United, though - that doesnt mean it's bookable on Virgin yet, then?
3 more days until it’s available to them
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:05 pm

ANA releasing 0 F/J seats at end of schedule now. big change from pre-COVID.
not2017 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Colin
ANA releasing 0 F/J seats at end of schedule now. big change from pre-COVID.
I suspect that they are still releasing them, but NH members or other Star Alliance carrier members are booking them as soon as they become available, way before they’re available to VS points holders
not2017 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.