Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Below 10,000 feet? No problem! Pull out those Kindles and iPads!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold

thank goodness sanity has prevailed.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-26-20-58-32
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
This thread title doesn't reflect current reality. The in-effect regulations have not changed yet. Also, what's the VX connection here precisely?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
This thread title doesn't reflect current reality. The in-effect regulations have not changed yet. Also, what's the VX connection here precisely?
Correct. It could take awhile for the regulations to change. But its decently big news for anyone that is on a plane regularly. Good or bad depends on your viewpoint. As far as VX is concerned, I am sure it will affect a lot of VX fliers. Me for one. Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
It'd be nice if we could stop pretending that we're all turning off these devices before takeoff and landing.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
It'd be nice if we could stop pretending that we're all turning off these devices before takeoff and landing.
The only things I care about are (1) people being able to hear near/at takeoff and landing time, and (2) heavy flying objects at landing (and occasionally, at take off).
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:11 am
Original Poster

That was quick. They have made it official. Now VX just needs to get off its butt http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/travel...html?hpt=hp_t1

Hope the fact that VX has to change their safety video already doesn't hold this up. ;-) haha
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Sneaky delta: http://mashable.com/2013/11/02/virgi...zJ0YTB1YW5fIn0

VX is on it though!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
All AA flights including American Eagle can now use PED's. When is VX gonna allow this... or is the safety video holding them back?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4219247.html
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:46 pm

And now US Airways have been given clearance as well as United. Come on VX! Don't let Southwest beat you.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fishy21
And now US Airways have been given clearance as well as United. Come on VX! Don't let Southwest beat you.
This is kind of surprising. I understand if an airline beats VX if they were involved in making the regulations like AA, Delta, and Jetblue, but after that VX should be out in front. They are supposed to be the tech savvy airline. And they only have one aircraft type (or is A319 and A320 considered 2?). I hope they are next.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:15 am
Original Poster

US Airways and Alaska airlines now allow. Seriously, Alaska beat VX???
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
US Airways and Alaska airlines now allow. Seriously, Alaska beat VX???
I think that's what happens when you spend a ton of money on a safety video that is outdated a few days after it is released. All the other airlines just need to modify their safety speech... VX needs to refilm and reedit.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

If that damn safety video that is getting lukewarm reaction from HV FFs is what is holding this up I would be very unhappy with them right now.

Having said that, They did say on their Facebook page today that they were in the process of applying, whatever that means.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by fishy21
I think that's what happens when you spend a ton of money on a safety video that is outdated a few days after it is released....VX needs to refilm and reedit.
Actually believe it or not the producers of the safety video do not live under rocks and a version for this exact situation was made. Just to let you know so fear not. The delay has nothing to do with re filming the safety video.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:44 pm

Southwest has been given approval today for gate to gate electronic usage. Man... what is the holdup VX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.