Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Comp. upgrade experiences? Elevate Silver & Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

How has upgrades to MCS been for everyone on here?

I imagine F is pretty easy to score too on account of the extra windows.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA, VX, AA
2 comp upgrades to MCS PSP-SFO.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
No issues for MCS. F is available if you wanted to pay because of the earlier window as you indicate.

The value of the program is interesting with relatively few elite members in these programs and not too much interest in folks paying for these upgrades.

I still have to try the LAX Loft when I have enough time before the flight.

Remember, do not bother doing the actual checking-in until after the upgrade window and make sure you have the flag added via telephone for upgrade potential if you did not buy via the VX website.

Rasheed
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
...and make sure you have the flag added via telephone for upgrade potential if you did not buy via the VX website.
Please explain...?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:02 am

SFO-SAN, 2/2 on upgrades to MCS. On one flight, F went out empty .
LAX-DFW, was able to snag an F seat with three remaining ^.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by ethanwa
Please explain...?
Your Silver or Gold reservation must be setup to be flagged for the free upgrade. Unless you specifically purchased the ticket from VX directly, it is almost guaranteed that your reservation is not flagged for the upgrade.

http://www.virginamerica.com/vx/how-...ers_howitworks

Rasheed
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed
Your Silver or Gold reservation must be setup to be flagged for the free upgrade. Unless you specifically purchased the ticket from VX directly, it is almost guaranteed that your reservation is not flagged for the upgrade.

http://www.virginamerica.com/vx/how-...ers_howitworks

Rasheed
Yeah I found this very annoying as I want my status matched Gold perk of MCS upgrade to apply to my business trips which are booked through our corporate travel system. I have to call in every trip.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by qisu
Yeah I found this very annoying as I want my status matched Gold perk of MCS upgrade to apply to my business trips which are booked through our corporate travel system. I have to call in every trip.
I forgot to remind on this one too. You can *only* book through corporate travel or VX website directly to qualify. You cannot use other OTAs to book and then qualify for the free upgrade. Interesting limitation. On the website, I didn't get this, but it does say "authorized travel agent" as the filter.

Rasheed
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:44 pm

And... You do not qualify for any upgrade if you have a government fare ticket regardless of your status.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by beachbuffy
And... You do not qualify for any upgrade if you have a government fare ticket regardless of your status.
Yes you can. You just have to pay the upgrade fee yourself.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
I'm 4/5 on MCS upgrades as a (temporarily matched) Silver. Alas, even with two transcons in the last month, my point total won't be enough to retain status beyond April.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:42 pm

I may not make my AA Plat challenge offer by the end of May because I decided to take VX to get the necessary spend by end of April. The MCS auto-upgrade program plus I finally tried a mid-haul first class cash upgrade which was excellent. For the routes VX flies, this option is awesome.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.