Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US check-in / checkin MAD now Terminal 4; depart T4-S & US Lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

I'll be flying J on US from MAD - PHL in a few weeks. Is US still in Terminal 1?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
No. They've relocated with the rest of oneworld in Terminal 4.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=us+airways+madrid+terminal
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I didn't realize they had moved. Is there a Priority Pass accessible lounge in terminal 4?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
There's some contract lounge in T4 -- I'd guess it's a priority pass, but it shouldn't be too hard for you to find in the PP club listings. If you're oneworld Emerald or Sapphire, there's the very nice Iberia lounges.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You'll check in Terminal 4. Link to US page on Madrid.

Ticket Counter Information
Terminal 4
Daily: 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
(Note the metro Line 8 serves T-4 from Nuevos Ministerios.)

You'll depart Terminal 4-S (Satellite).

For the vertical sections connecting the underground train to T-4, the lifts / elevators are faster and avoid some of the escalator issues.

Forget what the U.S. website says about lounges at MAD; with a Business Class ticket on a oneworld airline, you have access to the Velázquez lounge, whichis very nice. Extended snacks include actual breakfast eggs, meats, smoked salmon, lots of pastries, yoghurt, sandwiches and wraps, and much more. There are self-service bars, a wine tasting "Rincón del Vino", etc. the "free WiFi" is extremely dodgy - it's hard to get it when your browser is hijacked to the pay site. I was here ~10 days ago again - very nice lounge!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

PP lists the Amnios Lounge:

Location: Airside - the Lounge is located on the 2nd Floor (yellow sector). The glass door indicates the entrance to the Lounge.

Last edited by JDiver; May 3, 2015 at 11:12 am
Old May 3, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver

For the vertical sections connecting the underground train to T-4, the lifts / elevators are faster and avoid some of the escalator issues.
While true, it's important that you only take an elevator which is designated for your gates, for example: RSU. Many of the elevators go instead to the T-4 gates and they won't go to the lower floor you will need...very confusing IMO!
Old May 4, 2015, 8:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by GaryZ
While true, it's important that you only take an elevator which is designated for your gates, for example: RSU. Many of the elevators go instead to the T-4 gates and they won't go to the lower floor you will need...very confusing IMO!
You're right; it's so second nature to me that I autom home in on the colored "RSU" sign blocks the other gate alpha designators barely register with me.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:57 pm

MAD arrivals lounge?

Is there an arrivals lounge for J pax coming from the US?

There seems to be conflicting information if one can use the IB lounge with no OW status. An old site says yes. A newer one says no but I'd be surprised if they had a recent change in policy.

Thanks
Old May 31, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Security, document lines, etc.

Anybody know what the drill is for J passengers, oneworld elites, etc.? I.e., what are the lines like, and is there any status thing for getting to shorter lines?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Well, to answer my own question, you do get some sort of Fast Track status which comes into play at the next place you go after checking into US/AA: Security. There is a special Fast Track set of lanes. Are they faster? I really don't know. Later -- much later, since by this time you will have ridden on many escalators, not to mention a long train ride from 4 to 4S -- you get to passport control, where Fast Track doesn't seem to have any meaning. Could you get stuck in a long line there? Hard to tell; unlike in a standard passport control setting, where the line size is governed by however many big jets just disgorged, the flow seems governed by the size of the train.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Well, to answer my own question, you do get some sort of Fast Track status which comes into play at the next place you go after checking into US/AA: Security. There is a special Fast Track set of lanes. Are they faster? I really don't know. Later -- much later, since by this time you will have ridden on many escalators, not to mention a long train ride from 4 to 4S -- you get to passport control, where Fast Track doesn't seem to have any meaning. Could you get stuck in a long line there? Hard to tell; unlike in a standard passport control setting, where the line size is governed by however many big jets just disgorged, the flow seems governed by the size of the train.
Good summary ^

My own personal experience is the "FastTrack" lanes can be much worse IF you have anything that might require a closer examination. They don't seem to get much foot-traffic so the bored security folks seem to delight in making you disgorge your bag contents so they can use a ruler to determine if your eyeglasses repair screwdriver, corkscrew, etc. exceed the allotted dimensions by a mm or two!

Overall, the S (satellite) terminal is a real pain to reach - shame they just couldn't move the ticket counters there also.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by GaryZ
Good summary ^

My own personal experience is the "FastTrack" lanes can be much worse IF you have anything that might require a closer examination. They don't seem to get much foot-traffic so the bored security folks seem to delight in making you disgorge your bag contents so they can use a ruler to determine if your eyeglasses repair screwdriver, corkscrew, etc. exceed the allotted dimensions by a mm or two!

Overall, the S (satellite) terminal is a real pain to reach - shame they just couldn't move the ticket counters there also.
I don't think it's really much worse than having to ride the train in DEN. The big trick at MAD is to use the elevators instead of the escalators (which is also true at DEN, especially by the Admirals Club).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.