FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   One way award using US Dividend Miles - possible? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1569045-one-way-award-using-us-dividend-miles-possible.html)

BillyBaloney Apr 14, 2014 8:56 am

One way award using US Dividend Miles - possible?

Hello,
I'm trying to book a one way award using only US Air miles. Is this even possible? I know that it was not prior to the merger but now I'm not so sure. Is there a way to book a one-way? All I have is US Air miles, no American miles. If so, which website would I use to do it? Thank you for any info.

britishcanuck Apr 14, 2014 9:24 am

No, not possible yet.

miamigrad Apr 14, 2014 11:57 am

Thread title has been edited to be more descriptive, as required by FT's TOS. As well, since American Airlines and US Airways continue to operate as separate carriers (and will for some time), this thread is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger US Airways forum.

/moderator

JPG3392 Apr 14, 2014 1:33 pm

I believe that US will let you book a one-way award ticket, but they will charge the same (in miles) as they do for a RT.

carolerwo Apr 14, 2014 2:20 pm

You would only need to pay the taxes on the one-way so a saving there.

mrstraveler Jun 13, 2014 9:34 am

Not even since they are a part of oneworld now? I assumed with the merger that would change :(

eponymous_coward Jun 13, 2014 10:24 am

US is not changing their plan until the frequent flyer plans merge, which won't be until 2015.

BoeingBoy Jun 13, 2014 3:34 pm

To answer my curiosity, can you use DM miles to book a O/W AA award? Since nearly all flights are codeshared with AA, could you book the AA flight number operated by US as a O/W? Meaning in both cases not paying the miles for a R/T.

Jim

AwardBee Jun 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 23030199)
To answer my curiosity, can you use DM miles to book a O/W AA award? Since nearly all flights are codeshared with AA, could you book the AA flight number operated by US as a O/W? Meaning in both cases not paying the miles for a R/T.

Jim

Not possible under any circumstances right now to pay only the miles for a O/W

Air Rarotonga Jun 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 23030199)

No, unfortunately not. All award tickets must be booked on the operating carrier, AA in your case... And no one way tickets allowed on AA or OW carriers...

BoeingBoy Jun 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks. I knew that US didn't have one way awards but didn't know that AA or OW didn't either.

Jim

guv1976 Jun 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Thanks. I knew that US didn't have one way awards but didn't know that AA or OW didn't either.

Jim

The AAdvantage program does offer one-way awards (for half the roundtrip award cost) on AA and on all of the AAdvantage program's partner carriers, including US.

But the Dividend Miles program does not offer one-ways (for half the roundtrip award cost) on US or on any of the DM program's partner carriers, including AA.

It's the miles you want to redeem that determines whether you can get a one-way award, not the airline you want to fly.

BoeingBoy Jun 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

Jim

fly747first Jun 14, 2014 6:54 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney (Post 22702141)
Hello,
I'm trying to book a one way award using only US Air miles. Is this even possible? I know that it was not prior to the merger but now I'm not so sure. Is there a way to book a one-way? All I have is US Air miles, no American miles. If so, which website would I use to do it? Thank you for any info.

US often sells miles for 100% bonus, you may consider that.