FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   New Promotion: 50% bonus on American flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1540985-new-promotion-50-bonus-american-flights.html)

LSUTigerWes Jan 13, 14 3:16 am

New Promotion: 50% bonus on American flights
 
US Airways has announced a new promo:

Get 50% more Dividend Miles for every American Airlines flight

http://i43.tinypic.com/20kwqgx.jpg

jabrams72 Jan 13, 14 3:23 am

Hmmm, slight arbitrage opportunity? It seems like it's probably worth registering with your DM number to earn miles, assuming that they'll be able to be transferred ultimately.

tommyleo Jan 13, 14 3:41 am

"Bonus miles do not count toward Dividend Miles Preferred status."

Meh.

tommyleo Jan 13, 14 3:46 am


Originally Posted by jabrams72 (Post 22143402)
Hmmm, slight arbitrage opportunity? It seems like it's probably worth registering with your DM number to earn miles, assuming that they'll be able to be transferred ultimately.

A US elite cannot get upgraded on AA flights, so one must determine if it's worth the 50% extra non-PQM's while sacrificing the possibility of a seat up front.

eponymous_coward Jan 13, 14 4:37 am


Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 22143469)
A US elite cannot get upgraded on AA flights, so one must determine if it's worth the 50% extra non-PQM's while sacrificing the possibility of a seat up front.

Of course, if the alternative is a UA flight... ;)

LSUTigerWes Jan 13, 14 5:07 am


Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 22143469)
A US elite cannot get upgraded on AA flights, so one must determine if it's worth the 50% extra non-PQM's while sacrificing the possibility of a seat up front.

Exactly. I choose the upgrade unless I need to get somewhere US does not fly.

Here's to hoping they figure out upgrades quickly. Wonder if Chairman's preferred get free food and drink in coach when flying on AA?

thphilly Jan 13, 14 6:12 am

Seems like a good deal. Don't have any AA trips planned, but this would make me more open to take advantage of the opportunity and see what the other 'half' offers.

swag Jan 13, 14 6:30 am


Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 22143469)
A US elite cannot get upgraded on AA flights, so one must determine if it's worth the 50% extra non-PQM's while sacrificing the possibility of a seat up front.

On the US side, you're right. At least domestically, I'll use my US number on US metal to keep the upgrade hope. But maybe do a last minute switch if chances are looking slim. And AA number for any single-class RJ flights.

AA has a similar offer for US flights. I'm traveling in 2 weeks on a flight where I may not want to burn my upgrade stickers, so on that one, I'll consider my US number for the 50% bonus.

travel4b Jan 13, 14 7:23 am

Aren't US CP's already automatically getting 100% bonus miles if they fly on AA now?

TrojanHorse Jan 13, 14 7:30 am

But I take it AAdvantage members get Bupkis on US flights right?

Never mind, just saw the other offer for AA on the other thread

thats the problem with running multiple threads for the same airline

dtremit Jan 13, 14 7:40 am


Originally Posted by travel4b (Post 22144322)
Aren't US CP's already automatically getting 100% bonus miles if they fly on AA now?

Yes -- under this promo, CPs will get 150% instead of 100%. But this is open to any DM member, so far as I can tell.

sbm12 Jan 13, 14 8:04 am

It is open to everyone who registers.

The quirk I am enjoying is that as a US Silver I get more miles on US metal (50% bonus) using a non-status AAdvantage account than my US Silver account. Ditto on AA metal for an AAdvantage Gold earning only 25% versus a non-status USDM account which will earn 50% extra.

Of course, you have to play the bonus miles against the other benefits to decide which way to go (or try to change the FF# last minute and get all the benefits).

WiscAZ Jan 13, 14 9:54 am


Originally Posted by LSUTigerWes (Post 22143737)
Exactly. I choose the upgrade unless I need to get somewhere US does not fly.

Here's to hoping they figure out upgrades quickly. Wonder if Chairman's preferred get free food and drink in coach when flying on AA?

It was confirmed in the new AA forum that US CP to get free F&B in coach on AA flights.

rasheed Jan 13, 14 2:45 pm


Originally Posted by WiscAZ (Post 22145296)
It was confirmed in the new AA forum that US CP to get free F&B in coach on AA flights.

But, it is not a stated benefit on the AA website for US CP as yet. Glad to hear as a benefit to the US CP folks (as this is the road to full mutual benefits). So, if they indeed see a US CP as an EXP on their system, great.

Wonder how they see US Plats on that same system.

Rasheed

WiscAZ Jan 13, 14 5:30 pm


Originally Posted by rasheed (Post 22147381)
But, it is not a stated benefit on the AA website for US CP as yet. Glad to hear as a benefit to the US CP folks (as this is the road to full mutual benefits). So, if they indeed see a US CP as an EXP on their system, great.

Wonder how they see US Plats on that same system.

Rasheed

I can't remember exactly where it was posted. I think in the reciprocal benefits page. The poster did say they showed up as an EXP even though they are Us Cp.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:06 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.