Search

US Airways Magazine - April 2014 - oneworld

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:07 am
Original Poster

US Airways Magazine - April 2014 - oneworld

The April issue of the US Airways magazine was just posted online

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pace...ays_april2014/

it of course is the first issue to feature oneworld branding. I was hoping for a sneak peek at award charts/unannounced changes but no real surprises. Couple notes for the other US nerds like me;

- thankfully they removed all the route lines on the maps, the last few issues with the combined AA/US lines made the map unreadable
- there's a two page spread about oneworld (pg 144-145) and they call out the explorer fares in particular
- they updated the entertainment offerings styles, this combined with the new terminals maps that appeared last month and there's gotta be a design person banging their head against the wall trying to shoehorn the old US design language and the new AA one
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It's interesting that even though US and AA are still separate airlines they do not show the US tail with the other OW partners on page 142, nor to they show the US logo on the bottom.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
It's interesting that even though US and AA are still separate airlines they do not show the US tail with the other OW partners on page 142, nor to they show the US logo on the bottom.
It's because US is part of OW as an affiliate member under the AA umbrella (like American Eagle). Here is he wording from the OW website:
"Until the full integration of American Airlines and US Airways – which will see the combined airline retaining the American Airlines name – US Airways and its regional carriers will operate as oneworld affiliate members, under the American umbrella."

http://www.oneworld.com/news-informa..._col_count%3D5
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum Card, Global Entry
Couple of other observations:
  • The recently announced addition of the Samsung Galaxy tab for First/Business customers on flights without IFE is noted
  • The menu does not reflect the recent changes announced (fruit and cheese plate available on flights over 2.75 hours)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:02 pm

I just got a kick out of page 114, where they "advertise" Santa Barbara Airbus.

It just so happens that AA recently axed (will shortly axe) the SBA-LAX route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.