Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Preferred Package - +Luggage Tags!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
2013 Preferred Package - +Luggage Tags!

Amongst a <admittedly odd> "platinum/silver" colored CP card (it used to be black, which I thought was classier), this year there was a luggage tag attached. Pretty flimsy, but it did say Chairman's, my name, and DM # - no Star Gold or Star symbol unlike others I've seen (like AC). Also an invite on the letter to visit a US Club for free, to pick up my luggage tag strap.

Not going to complain, nice add - thanks Fernand Fernandez. The card is thinner this year but hey, it's probably going away for a OW Emerald card mid-year anyway.

I'm really going to miss that Black DM *G card in my travel wallet, for many many reasons.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
...this year there was a luggage tag attached. ...
Thanks for the heads-up (I'm away from home, so don't know if mine has arrived).

The CP luggage tag I have from way back is starting to come apart, so I'm glad for the replacement, which sounds similar in looks to the old one. The line, "If found, return to any US Airways office" appears no longer to be there.

Oh well, good reminders of many years of flying US ...
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
The tags are going to be a good keepsake for what's to come.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Just my luck, 4 years as Chairman US doesn't send them out and for 2013 I dropped down a notch and now they give the tags again, sigh. Would love to have had one for old times sake considering the AA merger.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
More importantly, good to hear that the new preferred kits are finally being sent out. I was getting a little nervous connecting in FRA next weekend without a current *G card...The luggage tag is always a nice touch. They probably made it plat/silverish to confrom with the Exec "plat" tier...

Go Gators
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
They had boxes and boxes of the luggage tag straps piled in the DCA club… But I haven't received my tag yet!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
They had boxes and boxes of the luggage tag straps piled in the DCA club… But I haven't received my tag yet!
Should have grabbed one...

Go Gators
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Plenty of opportunities coming up to grab one. I suppose it's best to get one while supplies are available, though. I'll see about getting one later tonight.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Kits

Do all the kits go out at the same time? I'm a Plat and haven't seen anything.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I got mine early last week.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:26 pm

Picked up the luggage tag straps.. They laughed and asked "how many would you like?" when I asked when stopping by the desk.

They are plain clear plastic/rubber loops...They look something like this
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: US Chairman, BA Bronze, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I got mine early last week.
Finally! I have several trips to DUS, HAM, and other LH strongholds in late Feb / early March and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new *G Chairman's card.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
Do all the kits go out at the same time? I'm a Plat and haven't seen anything.
Same for me as a Silver. I have a trip coming up in about a week -- not that it matters for a Silver but it would be nice to have anyway...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
Do only CP get luggage tags?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Only CPs received their 2014 cards so far? I'm still waiting for mine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.