FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1388453-double-pqm-time-book-10-31-flights-thru-12-31-using-us-mastercard.html)

tovaz Sep 17, 2012 11:07 am

Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard)

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...PromoCode=MCDM

Double miles, endless options
Use your MasterCard® card to book your next flight and get double miles. Or use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard card and get double Preferred-qualifying miles. Simply register and book online by October 31, 2012 and you’ll get bonus miles for all of your trips now through December 31, 2012. With more than 200 destinations in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Caribbean, South America, Europe and the Middle East, you can earn double miles to endless options.

Here’s how:
•Register and book by October 31, 2012
•Travel by December 31, 2012
•Use your MasterCard card to book your trip and get double bonus miles
•Use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard card to book your trip and get double Preferred-qualifying miles

Terms & conditions:

Registration is required. You must purchase a ticket on usairways.com September 17 – October 31, 2012 for travel September 17 – December 31, 2012. Use a valid MasterCard card to get double miles or use a valid US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard card to get double Preferred-qualifying miles on flight activity. US Airways will award miles 6 – 8 weeks after travel has been completed. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Bighead1970 Sep 17, 2012 11:13 am

Awesome!!!

I am just about the book a flight to HNL which will earn me 20k of PQM!! Will hit gold.

adkrick Sep 17, 2012 11:14 am

....and of course I just bought several plane tickets yesterday. FML.

tovaz Sep 17, 2012 11:18 am

Well, if they were less than 24 hours ago, you can still get out from under them and rebook...

CrizzleColts Sep 17, 2012 11:21 am

Originally Posted by adkrick (Post 19330558)

I just booked 3 RT's this morning as well. But it looks like from the terms they have to be booked on Usairways.com, and I have to use my travel portal, so I'm hosed either way.

FlyIgglesFly Sep 17, 2012 11:24 am

Originally Posted by adkrick (Post 19330558)

Me. Too. Right on the heels of missing out on the *A carrier PQMs. FML.

Biggie Fries Sep 17, 2012 11:25 am

Geez. This will teach me not to not procrastinate.

PaulInTheSky Sep 17, 2012 11:26 am

Originally Posted by tovaz (Post 19330515)
http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...PromoCode=MCDM

Double miles, endless options
Use your MasterCard® card to book your next flight and get double miles. Or use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard card and get double Preferred-qualifying miles. Simply register and book online by October 31, 2012 and you’ll get bonus miles for all of your trips now through December 31, 2012. With more than 200 destinations in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Caribbean, South America, Europe and the Middle East, you can earn double miles to endless options.

Here’s how:
•Register and book by October 31, 2012
•Travel by December 31, 2012
•Use your MasterCard card to book your trip and get double bonus miles
•Use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard card to book your trip and get double Preferred-qualifying miles

Terms & conditions:

Registration is required. You must purchase a ticket on usairways.com September 17 – October 31, 2012 for travel September 17 – December 31, 2012. Use a valid MasterCard card to get double miles or use a valid US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard card to get double Preferred-qualifying miles on flight activity. US Airways will award miles 6 – 8 weeks after travel has been completed. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

T&C doesn't indicate it has to be US metals, so I guess it's just fine to fly on whatever US offers on the website?

cheddar56 Sep 17, 2012 11:26 am

If I buy for my fiance with my US CC does she get DPQM also?

tovaz Sep 17, 2012 11:30 am

I have had a friend buy mine with their US MC (and vice versa) and never missed out on a promo, so I don't see why this would be different.

javacodeguy Sep 17, 2012 11:50 am

Wow, am I glad I waited a few more days to book my holiday travel!

What a great promo. :D

JoeBB Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm

This is better than a Grand Slam!

Bighead1970 Sep 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Companion DPM

I registered both my ff # and my wife ff #. If I book our ticket together using my US MasterCard do both of us get double PQM or just the card holder?

swag Sep 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Is there any reason why a MC-logo debit card wouldn't earn the double RDM? Or does it need to be a credit card?

GNRMatt Sep 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Question on this one. I see it takes 6-8 weeks from your flight for the DPQM to post. Let's say you fly on December 1st and the double PQM's don't post until January. Would those extra PQM's count towards 2012 or 2013?

Biggie Fries Sep 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt (Post 19331591)
Question on this one. I see it takes 6-8 weeks from your flight for the DPQM to post. Let's say you fly on December 1st and the double PQM's don't post until January. Would those extra PQM's count towards 2012 or 2013?

Remember, status does not change until 1 March 2013. Plenty of time for everything to clear.

Organgrinder Sep 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Does anyone know if this will stack onto the Shuttle DPQM promotion?

tommyleo Sep 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries (Post 19330635)
Geez. This will teach me not to not procrastinate.

:eek:

tommyleo Sep 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by JoeBB (Post 19330927)
This is better than a Grand Slam!

Now you're taking it a little too far... :)

TheBOSman Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Organgrinder (Post 19331629)
Does anyone know if this will stack onto the Shuttle DPQM promotion?

I'm wondering if it works with the Trial Preferred program. Would be nice to do 3 transcon RTs instead of 6 and get CP. The T&Cs for both are fairly slim on information and neither address any ability to combine or prohibition from doing so.

tommyleo Sep 17, 2012 2:41 pm

OK, suppose I book tomorrow a rt, say PHL-LAX, for December. But in November, I realize that I must leave a day later than planned for that December trip. Will I get the DPQM's even if I pay the $150 change fee? I'm thinking "yes" as long as my Confirmation Code does not change. I'd imagine that I could even move the entire itinerary a week forward in December and get the DPQM -- as long as the Confirmation Code is unchanged after I pay the change fee.

Thoughts?

cheddar56 Sep 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 19331897)
I'm wondering if it works with the Trial Preferred program. Would be nice to do 3 transcon RTs instead of 6 and get CP. The T&Cs for both are fairly slim on information and neither address any ability to combine or prohibition from doing so.

I was thinking the same thing, unfortunately I did the trial earlier this year. It might still be worth grabbing the preferred for the outside shot of upgrades on transcons. Even with regular PQM you'll hit silver after the second most likely.

Biggie Fries Sep 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 19331917)
OK, suppose I book tomorrow a rt, say PHL-LAX, for December. But in November, I realize that I must leave a day later than planned for that December trip. Will I get the DPQM's even if I pay the $150 change fee? I'm thinking "yes" as long as my Confirmation Code does not change. I'd imagine that I could even move the entire itinerary a week forward in December and get the DPQM -- as long as the Confirmation Code is unchanged after I pay the change fee.

Thoughts?

Well, since it is a change -- you will be paying a change fee -- I think that you have logic on your side.

You also have the IT inertia on your side, as per a common confirmation code, as you note.

Whether logic and inertia will stand up on the very small chance that US notices and gets fussy about this is something else -- I am often amazed by US's hideboundedness -- but I would say things are very much likely to go as you suggest.

TheBOSman Sep 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by cheddar56 (Post 19331918)
I was thinking the same thing, unfortunately I did the trial earlier this year. It might still be worth grabbing the preferred for the outside shot of upgrades on transcons. Even with regular PQM you'll hit silver after the second most likely.

Indeed, 3 would get me gold anyway. I'd have to do it on faith, as by the time any bonus PQMs hit, it would be too late to book with the double PQM bonus again. Of course I could always simply book three more transcons at that point. I fly mostly on Saturdays so upgrades are generally not difficult to come by. I'd only do it if I could get CP, Gold status on US isn't worth a whole lot to me when I'm already top level EXP over on AA. CP is worth a bit more though, top tier status on two airlines is very helpful (and very expensive to maintain! :D).

GNRMatt Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries (Post 19331611)
Remember, status does not change until 1 March 2013. Plenty of time for everything to clear.

So, just so I'm clear on this...

If I have 45K PQM's so far in 2012, let's say I book a trip that is worth 4K PQM's for December. I will then be at 49K PQM's and still Silver at that point. Now with this DPQM promotion, another 4K PQM's will be added to my account in January. Will that then put me at 53K PQM's for 2012 and make me Gold? Or will I still have 49K PQM's for the year, be stuck at Silver, and just have another 4K PQM's to start off the 2013 year?

I ask because I'm so close to Gold and would like to achieve it with this, but I don't want to lose out on it by 1K miles due to a technicality on when they post.

ellinj Sep 17, 2012 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt (Post 19332010)
So, just so I'm clear on this...

If I have 45K PQM's so far in 2012, let's say I book a trip that is worth 4K PQM's for December. I will then be at 49K PQM's and still Silver at that point. Now with this DPQM promotion, another 4K PQM's will be added to my account in January. Will that then put me at 53K PQM's for 2012 and make me Gold? Or will I still have 49K PQM's for the year, be stuck at Silver, and just have another 4K PQM's to start off the 2013 year?

I ask because I'm so close to Gold and would like to achieve it with this, but I don't want to lose out on it by 1K miles due to a technicality on when they post.

Usually they will post with an activity date of 2012 which will get you 2012 status credit for Gold in 2013.

lkar Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Grr. Booked 12k worth of trips last week.

Hate to say it, but I'm kind of bummed by this. After hop/skip/jump, I found upgrades as mere gold to be tough. This year, it has been much better. I fear, now, that next year will get tough again and I don't think I'm going to be able to get to plat.

Oh well.

kudzu Sep 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt (Post 19332010)
... Will that then put me at 53K PQM's for 2012 and make me Gold? ...

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 19332035)
Usually they will post with an activity date of 2012 which will get you 2012 status credit for Gold in 2013.

I agree with ellinj, but if you're flying because of this promo, you should shoot an email with the same question to the Preferred Desk ... and see what they say.

Nothing like having something in writing just in case ...

PaceLaw2012 Sep 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Gah!! Just booked FLL-EWR, FLL-STL, and MIA-HNL 2 days ago!!! Very, very lame!

ksl11 Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012 (Post 19332891)
Gah!! Just booked FLL-EWR, FLL-STL, and MIA-HNL 2 days ago!!! Very, very lame!

Maybe it would be worth it to pay the cancellation fee for the big one and rebook?

PaceLaw2012 Sep 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by ksl11 (Post 19333090)
Maybe it would be worth it to pay the cancellation fee for the big one and rebook?

I'm really thinking about it.

ellinj Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012 (Post 19333096)

I have a bos-dca-las-clt-chs-clt-bos booked for tgiving. I am really thinking of cancelling it and saving the money for 1Q2013, and buying a new ticket.

bwiadca Sep 17, 2012 6:28 pm

I was about to book UA/LH flights to Europe. Just got this email :) 20,320 EQMs for one TATL crossing :) Now I'm flying US! :)
Thank you US Airways!

sbbutler93 Sep 17, 2012 7:35 pm

The T&Cs of both this promo and the Shuttle Double Promo do not contain any prohibitive language such as "not valid with any other promos. Could this mean Triple miles? I.e. BOS-LGA would post as 184 mi base, 184 mi (SH2X promo), 184 mi (MCDM promo)?

GotCalcio4 Sep 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by sbbutler93 (Post 19333569)
The T&Cs of both this promo and the Shuttle Double Promo do not contain any prohibitive language such as "not valid with any other promos. Could this mean Triple miles? I.e. BOS-LGA would post as 184 mi base, 184 mi (SH2X promo), 184 mi (MCDM promo)?

All Shuttle flights earn 500 mile minimums.

tommyleo Sep 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012 (Post 19333096)

For $150, you're getting another 9778 PQM's for MIA-HNL! That's 1.5c per PQM. I'd buy that right now if I could!

BTW, do NOT just pay a change fee and change the dates; you'll likely wind up with the same confirmation code and the same original purchase date (jeopardizing the PQM's!). I'm not sure what the best strategy is, but I'd think you'd have to book a new ticket separately and then cancel the original ticket. Note that the value of the original ticket will remain available for you to spend at a later date, after the promo ends (the balance should be valid up to a year). But when you do spend it, the original confirmation code will likely still be used (you'll be charged the $150 when you use that balance in the future).

But we should confirm that the balance can be spent over more than one ticket purchase, in case the balance is less than the price of that future ticket purchase. Can anyone confirm?

finster869 Sep 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4 (Post 19333906)
All Shuttle flights earn 500 mile minimums.

Does that mean the double pqm promotion gets you a minimum of 1000 miles?

GotCalcio4 Sep 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by finster869 (Post 19334003)
Does that mean the double pqm promotion gets you a minimum of 1000 miles?

Yup!

crimson12 Sep 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Stacking with trial...

Hi All, I'm new to US Airways. I have Gold status on DL but am not that thrilled there and exploring getting status on another airline.

Let's assume this can stack with the trial preferred. As I understand it I can buy trial platinum for $600. This will get me a 75% bonus on PQMs during the trial period.

On a normal flight, you get 1 PQM for every mile flown; as a Platinum therefore you'd get 1.75. That means with this promo you could theoretically get 3.5 PQMs per mile flown, right?

Sticking with this logic, wouldn't this mean you can reach Silver with ~7150 flown miles, Gold with ~14500, and Platinum with ~21500?

I guess then the real question is, after the $600 for the trial and whatever I pay for the flight (let's say $400 on a transcon), then I've paid $1000. At that point you're getting close to where it may make sense just to buy status I guess...

puregravy Sep 17, 2012 9:54 pm

So, there is no way to do this with UA or another star alliance, must be flown with US Air?