FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1388453-double-pqm-time-book-10-31-flights-thru-12-31-using-us-mastercard.html)

higgies Sep 27, 2012 6:43 pm

So I just need to be registered, then book the trip on usairways.com with my US MC, and sit back and fly, right?

PaceLaw2012 Sep 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by higgies (Post 19397297)
So I just need to be registered, then book the trip on usairways.com with my US MC, and sit back and fly, right?

correct

WiscAZ Sep 28, 2012 9:22 am

This may have been asked but if you book a flight that is towards the end of December but the miles don't post to your account until the new year do they back date the miles to 2012?

Also, if you book a RT flight that leaves before 12/31 but returns after 12/31 would only one of those flights count for the 2xPQM?

GNRMatt Sep 28, 2012 9:24 am

Originally Posted by WiscAZ (Post 19400868)
This may have been asked but if you book a flight that is towards the end of December but the miles don't post to your account until the new year do they back date the miles to 2012?

I did ask US Airways about this specifically and they said it will count towards 2012 even if the bonus miles don't post until January/February.

oldsmoboi Sep 28, 2012 10:49 am

I'm just worried about the "book on USAirways.com" part. I have to book through our company's travel portal, but I think the other end of that is just an attendant booking through USAirways.com for me.... I've never missed other promos that require booking through USAirways.com while going this route, so I hope I don't this time either.

steve65341 Sep 28, 2012 11:42 am

Originally Posted by oldsmoboi (Post 19401471)
I'm just worried about the "book on USAirways.com" part. I have to book through our company's travel portal, but I think the other end of that is just an attendant booking through USAirways.com for me.... I've never missed other promos that require booking through USAirways.com while going this route, so I hope I don't this time either.

+1 as I'm in the exact same boat. I have a flight on Monday so hopefully I'll know by mid-week.

PaceLaw2012 Sep 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by WiscAZ (Post 19400868)
Also, if you book a RT flight that leaves before 12/31 but returns after 12/31 would only one of those flights count for the 2xPQM?

AFAIK, only the 12/31 flight would get the DEQM.

alanh Sep 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by milophile (Post 19396358)
I just completed a roundtrip BWI-PHL-SJU-PHL-BWI in First and received the DPQM for the flight. However, it did not double the COS bonus. Has anyone had a similar experience?

As far as I know, the double miles are only on the base miles, not class of service or preferred bonuses.

PittDoc Sep 29, 2012 2:23 pm

How about this situation...

Companion ticket booked with US MC. Both travelers are registered for the DPQM promo. Normally these flights earn PQMs b/c you're still paying $100+ for the companion ticket. I recall they have to be booked over the phone.

So, will both or either traveler get the DPQM?

kudzu Sep 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by PittDoc (Post 19407963)
...So, will both or either traveler get the DPQM?

Unfortunately, no (according to the US response in this post)

vanduse1 Sep 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012 (Post 19397500)
correct

I am a bit confused whether the tickets need to be purchased on usairways.com or just using the Mastercard (Like through a corporate travel agent). Any help would be appreciated.

CrizzleColts Sep 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Only USAirways.com counts. I emailed the service center to ask and they confirmed this was the case.

chromeez Sep 30, 2012 10:00 pm

What if you move up your flight? Will you still receive DPQM assuming you met all the qualifications prior to changing one of your segments the day of at the gate.

thomwithanh Oct 1, 2012 10:16 am

Bonus miles for my outbound flight two weeks gao posted four days later. From my return flight it's been a week and the bonus miles still haven't posted...

What is the average lead time for these miles to post?

EDIT: Never mind, it posted today

Superguy Oct 2, 2012 8:28 am

This may be a dumb question, but does the elite bonus get the 2x bonus as well, or just the base miles?