Wiki Posts
Search

UA cross over

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
UA cross over

I have noticed a couple of things recently. Given the sad state of affairs at UA, a number of UA elites are now flying US. Also, there is more interest in the forum from UA elites. This has led to UA terminology and concepts crossing over to this forum. I think this is sometimes confusing and can be misinterpreted.

US is what it is; there are good things and bad things. But some things are different than UA/CO.

I'm starting a list others can add:

- US has a high level of transparency. Like the rules, don't like like rules; things are pretty clear.
- The level of shenanigans are very low; from the most part CSR's and GA's follow the rules
- Much less upgrade processing is based upon fare buckets; Y/B has priority but after that the fare buckets don't really matter
- Meal service in F is only on longer flights
- WiFi is currently available on A321's coming soon to other aircraft; it's expensive
- There is no IFE on any domestic flights
- The SWU upgrades are for CP (Chairman) only; there are only two per year, one Europe and one Hawaii ( they do include one additional passenger on the same PNR); they can be hard to use. The cannot be used on domestic flights
- US has a good record of leaving and arriving on time, canceled flights are few; irrop processing is good but may be related to fewer issues
- There is no E+ and no plan for E+; elities have access to exit rows and prefered seats at booking. This includes all levels including silver.
- Status between UA and US does not really count. What counts is *A status; you do get *A benefits. Sometimes given your UA high status you can get more but this as gift from the CSR/GA and is done after all US elites have been taken care of.
- UA club membership gets you into the US clubs. US clubs are very much like UA clubs except hard alcohol is not free.

So, everyone else please jump in.

Paul

Last edited by pbuntrock; Sep 7, 2012 at 10:24 pm Reason: good advise from others
Old Sep 7, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
A couple things you might want to correct -

IEF = IFE. The two exceptions are AK and HI

The SWU equivelant upgrades are not systemwide. They are only for upgrading on tickets to / from Europe or Hawaii and there isn't one for each - It's one for the CP member and one for their companion on the same itinerary.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
You may want to post links to the respective threads or to the pages on the US website and to request a sticky (but ask the mod to rename the threads to something like "FAQ/Info for UA elites flying on US").
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steve65341
A couple things you might want to correct -

IEF = IFE. The two exceptions are AK and HI

The SWU equivelant upgrades are not systemwide. They are only for upgrading on tickets to / from Europe or Hawaii and there isn't one for each - It's one for the CP member and one for their companion on the same itinerary.
Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by burlax
You may want to post links to the respective threads or to the pages on the US website and to request a sticky (but ask the mod to rename the threads to something like "FAQ/Info for UA elites flying on US").
Good idea
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by burlax
How do I get the mod's to rename?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.